306 HDi real caliper change

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 HDi real caliper change
How long to change the rear calipers on a hdi?

Car failed mot on rear brakes and handbrake, had the rears pads and discs done and failed the retest on the rear handbrake but the guy that did the discs and pads d.said the caliper had pretty much had it.

They want £80 to do the calipers now.

I thought it was a pretty quick job?

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Why would he change the pads/discs and then decide the caliper was knackered? He should've checked them while doing it...its pretty obvious if theres an issue with them! Is this at Kwikfit or something?

To change the calipers they've gotta do the same as before PLUS changing the caliper and then bleeding the brakes afterwards, so takes a bit longer tbh.
Thanks given by:
I think you were told this in your other thread, clearly they only changed them and didn't grease or inspect them at all.
Thanks given by:
The discs and pads were changed as they failed the on the mot as well as the handbrake the mot tester said the discs and pads would probably resolve the handbrake issue.

The garage changed the discs and pads, one on the calipers was not great so he said he cleaned it all up, greased and what not.

On the retest the rear brakes were fine but the handbrake is still not working on the drivers side which is the same side he said had the knackered caliper.

The handbrake was 50% effort nearside and 0% effort off side. So I was told it was the caliper needs changing.

I work in IT and know shit all about cars lol.

Any help would be awesome!
Thanks given by:
Ah ok, I haven't had one with a faulty handbrake mechanism so far but it is possible.

To have 0 effort seems pretty bad though, I take it he's checked the handbrake cables are free?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The real life hover board Ben Jay 5 1,296 05-03-2014, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Grant
  Real Time data readout Phase 2 Mitch1793 2 941 20-01-2014, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Mitch1793
  They are real and do exist :) Puggie 25 6,155 05-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Kimmie