Fuel filter change

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel filter change
Bare with me...

I've NEVER needed to change my fuel filter but now im running S/VO it must be done.

Am i right in thinking:

- buy new filter http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FUEL-FILTER-P ... 3372078b1b
- take old one out
- new one in & fill filter and housing with diesel
- put back together, done?

Apologies for the noob thread.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Yes. And give it a good prime. Mine fired up no issues doing it like that.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
strictly_derv Wrote:Yes. And give it a good prime. Mine fired up no issues doing it like that.

yeh, forgot that.

swish ta mate - i'll leave this thread alive anyway, just for forum users in the future.
Thanks given by:
You dont need to fill it up because the diesel stays in there when you take the filter out... so old out new in tighten down then prime couples times all sorted Big Grin
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
tomw1123 Wrote:You dont need to fill it up because the diesel stays in there when you take the filter out... so old out new in tighten down then prime couples times all sorted Big Grin

technically it should be full of veg oil anywho whistle
Thanks given by:
I should of said fuel instead of diesel Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
tomw1123 Wrote:I should of said fuel instead of diesel Wink

lol :clap:

I'll top up the filter and prime to just be safe. nothing worse than getting an air block..
Thanks given by:
Forgot to mention after I put the new filter in, I primed it with the cap off so it was brimming then put the cap on to reduce the amount of air inside.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
strictly_derv Wrote:Forgot to mention after I put the new filter in, I primed it with the cap off so it was brimming then put the cap on to reduce the amount of air inside.

Ah yeh! good point! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:
strictly_derv Wrote:Forgot to mention after I put the new filter in, I primed it with the cap off so it was brimming then put the cap on to reduce the amount of air inside.

Ah yeh! good point! Big Grin

Yep, this is a much better way of doing it.

My first thought initially was to suggest going to ECP as their filters are £3.. Then I realised they probably don't have a sales outlet on the IoW.. :geek:
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
yeah just make sure you put the filter in the right way Ginge, it's very much like an LDA pin, if you rotate it 90 degrees it flows 20% more fuel higher up the revs . . .approx 3.7k to 4.5 . . . . .Wink
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Mattcheese31 Wrote:yeah just make sure you put the filter in the right way Ginge, it's very much like an LDA pin, if you rotate it 90 degrees it flows 20% more fuel higher up the revs . . .approx 3.7k to 4.5 . . . . .Wink

:? :?

you are shitting me... :naughty:
Thanks given by:
Cheeseneister is right
There is a small arrow on the filter and housingto line up :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Cheeseneister is right
There is a small arrow on the filter and housingto line up :-)
thought everyone knew that . . . . . . . .well you gotta start somewhere i suppose . . . . . lmao
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Swap her out and crank her up, sheel be reet, bit of priming helps.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Swarf In Fuel Filter Housing jordanhdi 11 2,318 26-09-2016, 11:55 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  oil and filter change and a big can of worms alex76 7 1,407 19-05-2016, 09:32 PM
Last Post: alex76
  Removing the fuel filter housing, but what is this behind it? Iaitoo 2 1,490 27-04-2016, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Iaitoo