Might be leaving Peugeot ownership

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Might be leaving Peugeot ownership
Went to view a EP3 Type R today and it was verry nice. My thoughts:

- Gear change is incredible, makes the 6 feel like stirring porridge.
-Very smooth engine, nice linear power.
- Ride is surprisingly comfortable, with the low profile tyres and everything I had read online I was expecting a worse ride than the 6 on Bilstein's but I would say it was easily as smooth over bumpy country roads.
- Steering feel, as expected, was not as good as the 6. However, there's very few cars which are and it wasn't numb to the point of being unenjoyable. Just not quite as connected as the 6.
- Driving position and steering wheel were very nice.

Only mods were lowered 30mm on Eibach springs.

The only downside was that it had some ridiculous Clifford alarm fitted which if you don't disarm will cut off the car after a certain amount of time and also appears to re-arm itself if you open the car door with the engine running (as we found out when I swapped to the drivers seat). I know nothing about alarms so it might be possible to turn some of these features off?

Cool story bro, yeah I know, just trying to get some thoughts down about whether I want to purchase. Been with Peugeots for 7 years now and they've treated me well.

[Image: 20140802_105159-1.jpg]
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
My thoughts on them -

Nice cars.
Gearstick looks like a dildo hanging out the dashboard.
Atrocious image.
Bit numb steering, but not the worst going.
Surprisingly fun to drive.
Have to drive with your hair on fire.

Not really my kinda car, would far prefer something a little more understated - especially given the fact you have to wring it's neck to really make progress... Can totally see people liking them mind.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I actually really like these, despite being the complete opposite of most cars I like lol.

But the point here is you seem to like it...and as you say you've had Peugeots for ages, so why not have a change... Smile
Thanks given by:
I agree with both your points about the atrocious image and preferring something understated and in an ideal world I would prefer to have a car which fills both those criteria. However, the image thing comes hand in hand with being a popular (decent) hot hatch. Same with the styling, I guess the EP3 is slightly overstated compared to Focus 225, Megane Sport etc but then again it is a hot hatch.
Serious.
Thanks given by:
I can't believe I'm saying this...

Mk5 GTi? They're irritatingly good, far more understated, great to drive... But yes, it is sadly, a golf.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2014, 12:26 PM)Ruan Wrote: I can't believe I'm saying this...

Mk5 GTi? They're irritatingly good, far more understated, great to drive... But yes, it is sadly, a golf.

Not a bad shout Ruan but the money I would want to be spending is bottom of the market mk5 money which I'd rather avoid.
Serious.
Thanks given by:
St2 has to be a better all rounder? Much more fun to drive too
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2014, 12:58 PM)lewisdmz Wrote:
(02-08-2014, 12:26 PM)Ruan Wrote: I can't believe I'm saying this...

Not a bad shout Ruan but the money I would want to be spending is bottom of the market mk5 money which I'd rather avoid.

Also the fact that gti golfs have no feel through the wheel, an absolutely uninvolved driving experience I've felt.

I'm quite keen on civics just shame about some of the owners or Japanese car owners for that fact, who tend to have a fascist belief on cars in the fact that everything is uniform by a singular authority.. Basically a scene :p but away from that, I got to say I like them. Hell I even like golfs but feel id be bored of them for that lack of feel. The civic seems a good idea to me though buddy my bro in law works for honda and my sister is a picky one for cars and has comfortably fallen into being a civic owner so I have to say they're doing something right! I've driving my brother in laws fn2 civic and had to say I was impressed but the ep3 he definitely agrees was a triumph for the civic production.
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Would have had one of these if they weren't so much/on a student budget. Good looking cars and despite all the civic hate there's at least a nice big community for them
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
They are an alright hot hatch but it wont rock your world.
Thanks given by:
Just loads of people have these and its just a decent car as stock so I don't find them very interesting.
Thanks given by:
After 15 years of Peugeot ownership I recently jumoed ship to a Mazda rx8 and really can't see me coming back to Peugeot ownership. ( unless I can find a nice 309gti goodwood)

Make the move you won't regret it
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2014, 07:37 PM)swampy Wrote: After 15 years of Peugeot ownership I recently jumoed ship to a Mazda rx8 and really can't see me coming back to Peugeot ownership. ( unless I can find a nice 309gti goodwood)

Make the move you won't regret it

I don't think peugeot have made anything in the last 15 years i can say i really like
Thanks given by:
Focus ST >
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2014, 08:54 PM)ADV_93 Wrote: Focus ST >

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reflections after 6 months ownership oldboy 5 2,926 23-04-2019, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  Reflections after 6 months ownership oldboy 2 1,757 11-03-2019, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Leaving a car parked up for long periods Iceman299 21 3,920 31-07-2015, 03:09 PM
Last Post: maxzy