Who's paying most insurance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's paying most insurance
(05-08-2014, 01:11 PM)philpemberton94 Wrote: Im with LV, cheaper to insure my dt than 1.2 polo lol

I'll have to try a quote with them Smile
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2014, 07:29 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: This is my insurance cost... Per month -_- on my 1.9 DTurbo

Holy shit, your insurance is £2800 annual premium (over 10mths)?

My 205 Mi16 annual premium is less than one of your monthly payments, over two that's my 306 covered as well. But that's age for you I suppose.

Vaguely remember paying £1200 TPFT for my first car back in the day, a 205 GTi 1.6.
Thanks given by:
(05-08-2014, 02:06 PM)Alan_M Wrote:
(01-08-2014, 07:29 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: This is my insurance cost... Per month -_- on my 1.9 DTurbo

Holy shit, your insurance is £2800 annual premium (over 10mths)?

My 205 Mi16 annual premium is less than one of your monthly payments, over two that's my 306 covered as well. But that's age for you I suppose.

Vaguely remember paying £1200 TPFT for my first car back in the day, a 205 GTi 1.6.

Yeah I'm 19 and only had my licence for 5 months so that's probably why it's more for me. Standard DTurbo was £259 a month but because I have the suspension declared it's £284 a month
Thanks given by:
Omg they realize that's more than the cars worth! Most I ever paid was when I was 19 I had A 3 year old fabia vrs with modifications and that was £1600 ?worth every penny. I pay £349 a year for the '6. 27 years old 9 years ncb
Thanks given by:
The value of the car is largely irrelevant with young drivers and insurance, although this car may be worth sub £1000, if he crashed into a lambo or *insert pricey car here* the payout would be way more than the cost of this premium, even though it's extortionate.
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-08-2014, 04:26 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: The value of the car is largely irrelevant with young drivers and insurance, although this car may be worth sub £1000, if he crashed into a lambo or *insert pricey car here* the payout would be way more than the cost of this premium, even though it's extortionate.

Typically sub 1k or 1.5k cars actually raise the premium a bit with a lot of insurers.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I pay around £600 (cant remember exact figure) fully comp via chris knott insurance underwritten by Highways which is a part of LV
Im 28 with 9years ncb
Thanks given by:
(03-08-2014, 09:43 AM)RetroPug Wrote: It's all about getting those first 1 or 2 years under your belt.

What I've seen makes a significant difference is getting your first car when you are a learner.
Insure it as you as the main driver but obviously as a learner and quite legitimately add mum & dad.
It'll be significantly cheaper than a "just passed the test" insure.

Then build up a yr NCB on it, timed with passing your test. - or do a 10month policy for speed.
You'll then be a freshly qualified driver, but have a yr NCB and a yr of driving experience.

Thanks to these comparison websites, you can input all this data and see what differences it's going to make.
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2014, 10:34 AM)nominous Wrote:
(03-08-2014, 09:43 AM)RetroPug Wrote: It's all about getting those first 1 or 2 years under your belt.

What I've seen makes a significant difference is getting your first car when you are a learner.
Insure it as you as the main driver but obviously as a learner and quite legitimately add mum & dad.
It'll be significantly cheaper than a "just passed the test" insure.

Then build up a yr NCB on it, timed with passing your test. - or do a 10month policy for speed.
You'll then be a freshly qualified driver, but have a yr NCB and a yr of driving experience.

Thanks to these comparison websites, you can input all this data and see what differences it's going to make.

Good idea actually.

I didn't have that option, I learned abroad, as the licenses were interchangeable, I was luckily able to insure my first car in the UK with over a year of having a license, although it was still bloody expensive as I had no relatives in the UK to add to the policy and at the time I was a student and a race mechanic, both of which make insurers rub their hands together with glee! lmao
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Mine is £1650 TPFT as I'm still on my R plates and have been driving 11 months... It's a D-Turbo I'm driving and I got £50 for insuring it instead of my Saxo VTR Tongue Can't complain with that really Smile
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2014, 11:33 AM)RetroPug Wrote: I didn't have that option, I learned abroad, as the licenses were interchangeable, I was luckily able to insure my first car in the UK with over a year of having a license,

Previous GF who was a student in a similar situation, tho was insured on a foreign license and a LHD car in the UK. The plan being to take it home (which she did). Tho these were the days when insurance wasn't that silly.

I used to enjoy coming home in my car then hopping into the LHD for a somewhat different experience. Can cut the left handers very well in a LHD.
It's enjoyable getting the passenger to wave at on coming traffic too Smile
Thanks given by:
Adiran flux suck... Want £6000 to insure my car even tho i be driving it 1-2days a week with no mods.. anyone knows any other cheap insurance brokers for 20yr old with 0NCB?? Really in need to insure it to keep it ticking over..
[Image: Cropped%20pic.png]
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
Try APlan
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just payed for another years insurance, with Flux again (underwritten my Equity Red Star or something), £400 at 22 with 5 years NCB on a modified HDi with keycare, personal injury, legal, and Drive Any Car.

Pretty chuffed, time to get test driving stuff.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Lucky for some.. lowest i got atm with gsi was over 4k, i am going to try comapre the market etc now..
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2014, 03:40 PM)Josh1994 Wrote: Adiran flux suck... Want £6000 to insure my car even tho i be driving it 1-2days a week with no mods.. anyone knows any other cheap insurance brokers for 20yr old with 0NCB?? Really in need to insure it to keep it ticking over..

1. They don't give a rats arse how many days a week you're driving it
2. Why go for a modified insurer with a standard car, you are of no interest to them.

Try Admiral/Elephant, they are cheap for young people, add your dad/mum/etc to make it cheaper.
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2014, 04:30 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: 1. They don't give a rats arse how many days a week you're driving it

Well that's not totally true...otherwise they wouldn't ask yearly mileage!

If you are genuinely only gonna use it twice a week, how many miles is that? Probably only about 6k a year so you could get a specific low mileage policy for that to make it cheaper...

I still stick with the Admiral group though, keep mods to a minimum and have Mum as a named driver. Still cheapest for me even at 22 with 5NCB... Though I'll be keeping the next car totally standard for even lower premiums.
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2014, 05:10 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(11-08-2014, 04:30 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: 1. They don't give a rats arse how many days a week you're driving it

Well that's not totally true...otherwise they wouldn't ask yearly mileage!

If you are genuinely only gonna use it twice a week, how many miles is that? Probably only about 6k a year so you could get a specific low mileage policy for that to make it cheaper...

I still stick with the Admiral group though, keep mods to a minimum and have Mum as a named driver. Still cheapest for me even at 22 with 5NCB... Though I'll be keeping the next car totally standard for even lower premiums.

You could do 250 miles, 2 days a week. I do less than 150 using mine nearly everyday so it is irrelevant.
Thanks given by:
Noticed it also makes a big difference with hong long you've owned the car
Thanks given by:
I did go for a standard car policy still was 6k, gsi wanted 4k, i aint guna be doing thay many miles anyway, about 2k a year for the moment, lowest i got was £1447.86 which aint bad, i will try the others aswell thanks..

Also i owned the car for just over 2 years now..
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
2k a year? Why bother insuring it for that? Stick with the Mondeo and save the money....
Thanks given by:
Elephant wanted over 2k admiral website kept freezing so found ome with privilege for £1447.86, anyone with them?
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
Not been with them but they absolutely dislike modifications.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
So found even cheaper with insurethebox, £830.10 with no NCB for me as main driver and my dad as second driver so think i wil go for that and leave mods for a bit..
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
Have fun being monitored.
Thanks given by:
Got no choice mate, either that or £1447.87.. and im only driving it 1 or 2 days a week...
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
You guys pay a alot for unsurance, i am current paying 113 pounds for a year inaurance
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2014, 10:02 AM)Iceman299 Wrote: I pay around £600 (cant remember exact figure) fully comp via chris knott insurance underwritten by Highways which is a part of LV
Im 28 with 9years ncb

I'm also with CK and highway and only payed £360 this year and I'm 24 with 6 years ncb
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
OP - that premium is a real stinker. Should hopefully see a reasonable drop with some NCB though.

It's only since moving to Brum that I've fully appreciated why your postcode makes such a huge difference. I live in the city centre and commute to various suburbs - I regularly see people running red lights, pulling random U-turns, lane-drifting, dubious rear-enders and some unfathomable roundabout tekkers. Within a week of moving here I saw a 911 smashed into the side of one of the underpasses - the guy driving it looked about 12 years old.

Couple that with the exponential increase in 'claims handlers' around here and the huge proportion of uninsured drivers - I can now see why my premium jumped so much.

For the record Endsleigh have always been the cheapest for me (graduate policy), but touch-wood never had to claim from them yet so can't vouch for their service...
Thanks given by:
(17-08-2014, 02:03 PM)Connor Wrote:
(06-08-2014, 10:02 AM)Iceman299 Wrote: I pay around £600 (cant remember exact figure) fully comp via chris knott insurance underwritten by Highways which is a part of LV
Im 28 with 9years ncb

I'm also with CK and highway and only payed £360 this year and I'm 24 with 6 years ncb

Must be your area. CK were £400/year cheaper than most of the other insurers out there for me, so couldn't complain
Thanks given by: