Who's paying most insurance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's paying most insurance
300 for the year fully comp 5 years license 4 years no claims. not bad on an oil burner for someone with by postcode. bt35 usually means double premium Sad
Thanks given by:
Even makes my insurance look cheap, I'm slightly under your 3k but the joy's of being involved with Motorsport and public liability
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
3k????

Bloody el! Worse I paid was £1800 a year for a Mivec V6 FTO was I was 19.

I pay £34 a month, business inc, unlmtd mods with Brent'!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
£208 a year for the Merc, even in a grade F postcode Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
£31 per month, 22 years old, drive a dturbo, 5 years NCB
[Image: 306_zpsadcff53a.png]
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2014, 06:59 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: even in a grade F postcode Wink

Be a grade A if you didnt live there Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2014, 07:33 AM)Piggy Wrote:
(02-08-2014, 06:59 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: even in a grade F postcode Wink

Be a grade A if you didnt live there Tongue
Cheeky little fucker you are!

All of west Yorkshire is F, its really bad for car crime, mainly because its all cities and ex-mining villages with 70% unemployment and heroin epidemics.

Can't wait to move to north Yorkshire...
Thanks given by:
Mines a tad over £500 a year on the 6.
My first years driving i was paying £210 a month on a bloody 106. Insurers ra*e you when your a new driver but if you can not crash or get any major points in the first year, it will drop dramatically.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2014, 07:42 AM)Niall Wrote: Insurers ra*e you when your a new driver but if you can not crash or get any major points in the first year, it will drop dramatically.

Very true. I paid more a month in my first year on a Fiat Uno than I pay a year on the Merc now.
Thanks given by:
I pay 650 a year for my hdi but I was stupid when I was younger and become disqualified and also involved in a few scrapes I wrote off 6 cars in 1 hit but lesson learnt now renewal this year should be a lot better Smile I won't have to declare anything Smile
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2014, 11:30 PM)RetroPug Wrote: Why on earth do you have a modified, relatively high insurance group car as the first you're insuring if insurance is that ridiculously high?!

its only the suspension that is modified, without miss it's still £260 so it hasn't changed it massively I'm still paying a stupid amount, my 1.4 was £230 so it hasn't changed much
Thanks given by:
Mines £220 the year on a mapped HDi, fully comp.

Yes, that means the bloody tax costs more than the insurance!

You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but how the hell can you afford to spend over £3k a year on car insurance? Confused My first year was on a 1.4 306, £1500 which I thought was more than enough! At least the cars were worth a bit more then though as well.
Thanks given by:
I'm paying 650 this year fully comp with me and my partner who has only passed her test 2 months ago.
This is on my hdi
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2014, 09:27 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Mines £220 the year on a mapped HDi, fully comp.

Yes, that means the bloody tax costs more than the insurance!

You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but how the hell can you afford to spend over £3k a year on car insurance? Confused My first year was on a 1.4 306, £1500 which I thought was more than enough! At least the cars were worth a bit more then though as well.

I work at Apple so it's good pay Smile I'm only 19 and had my licence for 5 months so that's probably why it's so much plus yeah it's a better car. I love this car so I'm willing to pay it to be honest. I know some people will say no 306 is worth that but I truly like this car so to me it's worth it. Much better than my 1.4 haha
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, it must be good pay to cover that! lol

Insurance really is ridiculous for younger drivers these days, and I totally agree if you're paying so much you might as well pay a bit extra for something you actually want. Just make sure you don't crash and it will come down though, I've got 5 NCB now, so the higher price I paid originally really was worth it compared to most people my age that were fronting at the time and now have a lot less, if any, NCB lol.
Thanks given by:
When I had my first 106, I was still a learner and it was £67 a month, I passed with 3 months left on that policy and it went up to £257 a month for a nad 106. Then with the renewal it was only £1440 I think. I did used to have my dad on there though as the main driver which is not a good thing to do.

EDIT: In reply to Tom^ I actually managed to transfer the NCB to myself when I started doing it on my own.
Thanks given by:
Oh my god.....I have 6 points for speeding and mine is £210 a year.......and I was moaning......OK, I am very much older than most of you, but you could get a mortgage for thatExclamation
Thanks given by:
What the hell, that is flipping cheap, i was guna pay £3800 for the hdi when i was 19 Sad so my dad had to put me on his fleet the highest quote i got was £16850... Now when i looked for insurance quotes with one years on fleet they say i cant go from fleet to private so i have to go back to 0NCB, which tallys up to £2200, what insuance company are you with if you dont mind me asking.. Smile

(01-08-2014, 10:16 PM)willJspears Wrote: I payed £1490 annually for my gti, 18 yrs old, 1 yrs no claims, tpft
[Image: Cropped%20pic.png]
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
Free insurance and fuel on works van.

About £300 a year on the family wagon.
Thanks given by:
650 FC on the bimmer, 22
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Don't own one but thought I would check what the insurance was for me

5 years no claims , fully comp with protected no claims on it , £250 excess
£650 all in

Phase 1 D turbo
Thanks given by:
Just over £200 fully comp a year for my N reg DT. What got me was it is the same price as my GTi-6. Newer car, worth more and not far off twice the power... go figure.
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2014, 08:42 AM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(01-08-2014, 11:30 PM)RetroPug Wrote: Why on earth do you have a modified, relatively high insurance group car as the first you're insuring if insurance is that ridiculously high?!

its only the suspension that is modified, without miss it's still £260 so it hasn't changed it massively I'm still paying a stupid amount, my 1.4 was £230 so it hasn't changed much

& colour-coded interior, and a different steering wheel with no airbag, and an aftermarket head unit, and different-coloured wheels, and carbon-wrapping, and you're fitting a boost gauge, still got the aftermarket filter?

I'm not trying to be a dick at all, but if you are in an accident the insurers will try not to pay out if they notice these, and your insurance in the future won't come down, which would suck.

I'm only 22, I spent my first year driving a 1.1 8v 106 and didn't modify it, and stayed out of trouble and the next year I could insure a gti-6 for less. If it is any consolation, the car is looking good and the quality of the white painting on the interior bits looks good!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
£43 a month for the '6.

£3k is simply ridiculous. Why on earth would you pay that???
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
TBH on my first car to have my own policy (Daewoo Matiz 800cc) I was looking at £3500 on my own policy with no mods but then I was living in a part of london that quite literally was a shit hole. Yep aeroplane blue ice depository Sad.

Went in mums name for a year or so (which yes I know I shouldnt of done)
Thanks given by:
That is a lot! My first year I was paying something like £2500, went with brentacte for my 2nd year which bought it down to £1600 and I've just had my renewal through, £900 and that's fully comp all mods declared. If you got the money then fair enough but I don't suppose you will have much money left for yourself?
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2014, 05:20 PM)DazzaHDI Wrote: That is a lot! My first year I was paying something like £2500, went with brentacte for my 2nd year which bought it down to £1600 and I've just had my renewal through, £900 and that's fully comp all mods declared. If you got the money then fair enough but I don't suppose you will have much money left for yourself?

Not a whole lot but luckily I don't have to worry about rent for a year or so. So it should drop by then

(02-08-2014, 05:36 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(02-08-2014, 05:20 PM)DazzaHDI Wrote: That is a lot! My first year I was paying something like £2500, went with brentacte for my 2nd year which bought it down to £1600 and I've just had my renewal through, £900 and that's fully comp all mods declared. If you got the money then fair enough but I don't suppose you will have much money left for yourself?

Not a whole lot but luckily I don't have to worry about rent for a year or so. So it should drop by then. Enough for fuel and future mods Tongue
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2014, 09:17 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(01-08-2014, 09:01 PM)Slam Wagon Wrote: Got a message the other week offering me a year for £460, all mods, fully comp.

What have you declared?

Everything

Also when i first passed 18, insurance in my name, both parents on the policy 306 dt. £1100 Smile
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2014, 06:44 PM)Slam Wagon Wrote:
(01-08-2014, 09:17 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(01-08-2014, 09:01 PM)Slam Wagon Wrote: Got a message the other week offering me a year for £460, all mods, fully comp.

What have you declared?

Everything

Also when i first passed 18, insurance in my name, both parents on the policy 306 dt. £1100 Smile

Crazy, I've added my dad but all it really changed was my deposit
Thanks given by:
I cant add anyone to my policy without adding hundreds
Thanks given by: