Auto wipers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto wipers
The auto wiper setting on my meridian seems to be a bit pants as they dont always sense there is rain on the windscreen until i nearly can't see Doh i have noticed that where the sensors near the rearview mirror there is a light on when they are on the auto setting (im guessing that is the sensor) but there are two sensors and only the one on the drivers side lights up, could this be the cause?

cheers!
No smoke, No poke!
Thanks given by:
It's only one sensor, and there should only be a light one side (it doesn't do a KITT style strobe lol...).

They're not brilliant anyway tbh, especially in fine drizzle or where there's 'sparse' drops which inevitably miss the sensor, but they aren't usually that bad either. Have you had a new screen at all? The sensor needs to make good contact with the screen which they sometimes don't with a new window.

I assume they work fine otherwise, not skipping or juddering etc?
Thanks given by:
ahh right ok, dont think its had a new screen, it works ok most of the time, just has its days where it decides to be a tw@ wipers all work fine other wise
No smoke, No poke!
Thanks given by:
Oh, that's just normal then. lol
Thanks given by:
The ones on my old Ph.2 worked absolutely fantastically and changed speed instantly as the water on the screen changed.

This is apparently quite uncommon.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
If you moved your right hand off the steering wheel ever so slightly you can adjust the speed manually
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2014, 06:26 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: If you moved your right hand off the steering wheel ever so slightly you can adjust the speed manually

That takes effort Rofl
I end up changing it manually most if the time anyway!
No smoke, No poke!
Thanks given by:
It's a shame they didn't add a sensitivity adjuster to it like other auto wipers I've had (newer VAG and Vaux).

Cos the constant wipers are almost always too fast lol. The good thing about the auto's is when a lorry passes and sprays so much shit on the window you literally cant see, it's already wiped it away before you get the chance to go for the stalk.
Thanks given by:
Ones on my old hdi worked perfectly! Thats one of the things i miss having now lol
Thanks given by:
Mine are usually alright but at times they see a little bit of drizzle and end up running at full tilt which just gets on my nerves!
Thanks given by:
Do all hdi's have auto wipers, dont think my 2001 does?
Thanks given by:
All phase 3's have auto-wipers so yours should do. Should say 'auto' on the stalk....unless someone changed it for a phase 2 stalk anyway. Should also have a sensor on the windscreen and a wide rear view mirror base to cover it.
Thanks given by:
You can also see the sensor from outside the windscreen on the back of where the overhead mirror is mounted.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to disable auto wipers bashbarnard 8 1,680 09-04-2016, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Retrofitting Auto Wipers RetroPug 6 1,466 06-08-2014, 04:04 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
Question Auto wipers not working cr00000w 6 2,354 08-01-2014, 10:10 PM
Last Post: JamesG