Big rust hole :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big rust hole :(
Found this 2day. Pretty common to go there anyway.
Be hard fixed?

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:
I found mine quite hard to fix and time consuming with all the rust removing and making/shaping a new piece to go in. I hadn't welded before so took a little while to get the hang of it but in the end I was quite happy with the result
[attachment=18099]
Thanks given by:
Good job for not havin welded b4 that.
I have a crashed 306 here was just goin to cut out the same piece out of that and weld it in.

Thanks given by:
Thanks, it's not pretty but solid. That would make things easier as it'll save you messing around trying to shape it....providing your crashed 306 doesn't have rust there.
Thanks given by:
My hatch was really.bad had to replace entire inner rear quarter. Have a look at my old project thread. A bit of patience and anything is possible. If you want go to scrappy find a good one and cut the section out you want. That way you know it fits Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
No the crashed one is 100% rust free which is a 1st.
Pug really did f*ck up not puttin the wheel liner in the rear on the phase 1s.
Yeah ill chek that proj thread out. Cheers

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confirm a head hole for me. bashbarnard 10 2,151 26-02-2016, 07:55 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Cambelt Change (timing hole alignment) Mark 30 14,127 09-07-2013, 05:24 PM
Last Post: ADV_93
  Fair size hole in my gearbox casing!! 306Brad 21 5,708 26-06-2013, 03:32 PM
Last Post: 306Brad