Newbie with 1993 1.6 XT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie with 1993 1.6 XT
I'm sure many of you saw my car end on eBay Wednesday night. I obviously was the winning bidder, and I'm looking forward to getting the car home at the end of the week. I will pop on here occasionally for advice as there are a few little niggles to rectify.

My car was registered 6th April 1993 (whats the earliest out there?) and the previous owner bought it in February 1994 as an ex-demo. Only 32500 miles on the clock! She was 95 when she hung up her driving gloves 2 weeks ago.

The gearbox/gearstick feels very loose in gear, what could that be?
Thanks given by:
Wow that looks tidy!! Could well be the earliest 306 I have seen.

The gearstick is likely the couple of balls/bushes that wear between knob and box Wink
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2014, 07:02 AM)Piggy Wrote: Wow that looks tidy!! Could well be the earliest 306 I have seen.

The gearstick is likely the couple of balls/bushes that wear between knob and box Wink

I believe the launch date was 20th March, so pretty early, yeah.

I've bought a couple of things that should hopefully fix it.

Tappets need setting as they're noise and something isn't quite right with the driveshafts.

A decent, honest enough car though.

Trim gel has made a big difference!
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum,nice looking and original 306 you have purchased there,Hello
Thanks given by:
Still here and still with the 306! Bought at 32,427 miles, now on 33,898 miles. Threw a hissy fit last month and almost boiled over on me, thankfully that was just a fan switch.
Thanks given by: