best way through bulkhead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best way through bulkhead
Hi guys i need to run a power cable through the bulkhead into the cabin preferably on the passenger side. Any ideas if there are any?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Remove glove box. There is a.bit of sound proffing marked sort of oblong shaped. Cut out and drill through. Its where the air con would have been put. If you have air con. No idea
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Its easy with air con, just go through the air con drain grommet. Wink

Or just drill a random hole and hope for the best. lol
Thanks given by:
where abouts is the air con one tom?
Thanks given by:
Its a massive rubber grommet with a small bent pipe in the engine bay, you cant really miss it lol. From inside its in the top right of the passenger side footwell. You want to go through it without damaging the pipe itself if your AC still works.
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2014, 03:26 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Its easy with air con, just go through the air con drain grommet. Wink

Or just drill a random hole and hope for the best. lol

These two. Drilling the random hole goes well Smile
Thanks given by:
Drill through right next to the aircon drain grommet, near the bottom left of it when viewed from inside the car, comes out tucked down the back of the bay, out of the way. Plus you only have to pull back the carpet a bit, rather than removing the glovebox.

[attachment=18042]

Rubbish picture but you get the idea!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(30-07-2014, 06:20 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Drill through right next to the aircon drain grommet, near the bottom left of it when viewed from inside the car, comes out tucked down the back of the bay, out of the way. Plus you only have to pull back the carpet a bit, rather than removing the glovebox.

This man explains how i did it!
Thanks given by:
some pleb had already drilled mine in the nearside scuttle area, so when rainwater splashed about it poured in from behind glovebox............quick dab of pu adhesive sorted it out. must have ran leads through it before I bought the car.
Thanks given by:
On both of mine ph1 no passenger air bag I have drilled behind the top glove box
Thanks given by:
i used a gromit just above the master cylinder to run my boost pipe through
Thanks given by:
You can buy a bag of mixed grommets on eBay if you want factory looking seal or as above just bang some sealer over it after
Thanks given by:
Right guys is this the aircon grommet in the passenger footwell?

[attachment=18335]
Thanks given by:
yeah thats it.

if you drill a hole use a cable gland. looks better and seals perfectly
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I didnt think it would need sealed. Il try get one. Altough i could just use some silicone?
Thanks given by:
It doesn't "need" to be sealed.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Steering column bulkhead grommit.. Tom 14 4,050 27-12-2012, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Piggy