Diesels in london

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diesels in london
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-28540259
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Sod driving into the centre of London anyway, tbh that's not exactly ruined my day. lol

That said, it's almost certainly a sign of things to come.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Good thing I hate london. Or any citys or towns. Country boy the whole way me. Still they have to do something. By the time that cones in though 306 might be considered classic.and get away with it. I know someone with a 61 diesel austin Cambridge doesnt pay congestion to old.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
to be honest the 3 days I spent in London last week
was a real eye opener how crowded and polluted London is, they really need to kill a few people off and scrap a few buses!
medals to anyone who wants to live in that city its not for me!
just glad I had a return ticket back to Devon
Thanks given by:
Nitorgen oxide yes is bad...but the other gas that comes out more as a result is worse.

However its about time they realised diesels arent everything...may make manufacturers at last work on petrols as mich as they have on diesels

Anyhow...I never go to london central unless my life depens on it!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2014, 07:11 PM)cully Wrote: was a real eye opener how crowded and polluted London is, they really need to kill a few people off and scrap a few buses!

Pretty sure some terrorists tried to do both a couple of years back, it didn't go down well... Confused

I agree though, too many people everywhere, and rather than letting natural selection work they're just adding health and safety shiz all over the place! Dodgy

Also, did you guys miss this lol 'Only diesel vehicles meeting the Euro 6 emissions standard will be exempt, while petrol cars registered before 2006 will also have to pay'....so all cars pre-2006 will pay anyway, not just diesels...
Thanks given by:
f*ck it I'll pay the £22.50 to coal the absolute BOLLOCKS out of all parts of London. Why dont you have a Dturb mr Rowell
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2014, 07:52 PM)pugmanxud Wrote: f*ck it I'll pay the £22.50 to coal the absolute BOLLOCKS out of all parts of London. Why dont you have a Dturb mr Rowell

Wouldnt pay to go into london to do anything to be fair. I feel like where I live has too many people near me and i.live next to a field.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I was worried til I realised it was to do with the congestion charge. I tend to only go into central London when the charge isn't on.
Thanks given by:
I read this too and wondered if it would appear on here.
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2014, 07:32 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(29-07-2014, 07:11 PM)cully Wrote: was a real eye opener how crowded and polluted London is, they really need to kill a few people off and scrap a few buses!

Pretty sure some terrorists tried to do both a couple of years back, it didn't go down well... Confused

f*cking actual LOL! That is quite possibly the funniest thing I have heard in months. You hero Tom.

Also as its also gonna apply to pre 2006 petrols I'd be f*cked with either car.
Thanks given by:
London is no good in cars. Tubes ftw
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
Couldn't even slightly give a shit, hate London anyway and driving in it is even worse. A mate of mine paid £375k for a 1-bed flat in Bow, and I swear it could fit in my 45k semi 4 times over, and for what? Overcrowded, overpriced, shithole.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2014, 07:30 PM)Piggy Wrote: However its about time they realised diesels arent everything...may make manufacturers at last work on petrols as mich as they have on diesels

They already are. Several manufacturers already have small, forced-induction petrol engines on the market.

I'm originally from London and you wouldn't catch me moving back in a hurry!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I hate London with a passion and i have to drive in there every day.
My congestion charge costs £9 a day at the moment. Bet work are going to love it if it goes up to £20 a day! lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I love London, was born and bred there and I still get down there as often as possible. Although, I would NEVER drive into central London especially if I want to get out the other side on the same day. Even more so in an old XUD which is bound to get HG failure trying.

Public transport FTW
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2014, 10:00 PM)londondan86 Wrote: I love London, was born and bred there and I still get down there as often as possible. Although, I would NEVER drive into central London especially if I want to get out the other side on the same day. Even more so in an old XUD which is bound to get HG failure trying.

Public transport FTW

Disagree. My last job i spent 3 years commuting by public transport in London. Ive now spent 3 years driving in London and driving is much better. Normally quicker, less stinky inconsiderate tossers and cheaper.....and oh my god I'm starting to sound like Tom!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(29-07-2014, 09:16 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Couldn't even slightly give a shit, hate London anyway and driving in it is even worse. A mate of mine paid £375k for a 1-bed flat in Bow, and I swear it could fit in my 45k semi 4 times over, and for what? Overcrowded, overpriced, shithole.

incidently, a 1 bedroom flat in central london.... Big Grin
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2014, 10:00 PM)londondan86 Wrote: I love London, was born and bred there and I still get down there as often as possible. Although, I would NEVER drive into central London especially if I want to get out the other side on the same day. Even more so in an old XUD which is bound to get HG failure trying.

Public transport FTW

I regularly drive from mine/work in South London to the missus in West London...not fun, especially as it's mostly during rush hour :/
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2014, 10:03 PM)Niall Wrote: Disagree. My last job i spent 3 years commuting by public transport in London. Ive now spent 3 years driving in London and driving is much better. Normally quicker, less stinky inconsiderate tossers and cheaper.....and oh my god I'm starting to sound like Tom!

Driving in London cheaper than public transport?? Ever consider you might have been doing it wrong? :p
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(30-07-2014, 05:48 AM)Poodle Wrote:
(29-07-2014, 10:03 PM)Niall Wrote: Disagree. My last job i spent 3 years commuting by public transport in London. Ive now spent 3 years driving in London and driving is much better. Normally quicker, less stinky inconsiderate tossers and cheaper.....and oh my god I'm starting to sound like Tom!

Driving in London cheaper than public transport?? Ever consider you might have been doing it wrong? :p

Peak time travel card is £15 a day now. Providing you avoid the congestion charge which is fairly easy, you can get across town for less than £15 easily!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Holy fook, it was less than a tenner last time i used it, didn't think it was that long ago... Confused
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I've always said that they will start penalising diesels. As cars get more economic, they make less money on fuel duty. I do not believe for one minute that this is a genuine effort to clean up the air in London.

You mark my words, a few more years and it will be electric cars having to pay tax or something similar...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2014, 05:55 AM)Niall Wrote:

Peak time travel card is £15 a day now. Providing you avoid the congestion charge which is fairly easy, you can get across town for less than £15 easily!

Howe f*cking much?!?! I can get a weekly ticket for travel anywhere in West Yorkshire, which is pretty big, for £15!
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2014, 05:55 AM)Niall Wrote:

Erm mate, try £21 for a full peak time day travel card either on oyster or paper for zones 1-9 (includes the met line out to amersham). 1-5 and 1-6 are actually £17 a day.

I don't live too far outside london and its £15 to get into the center of london on the train and thats not even a return although admittedly most of the day that would be faster than driving. My train to work is £13.40 return for what would be a 70 mile round trip in the car which would cost half that in diesel.

(30-07-2014, 07:09 AM)Grant Wrote: I've always said that they will start penalising diesels. As cars get more economic, they make less money on fuel duty. I do not believe for one minute that this is a genuine effort to clean up the air in London.
Most of londons air pollution is from the airports sadly but i don't see them fitting catalysts to the back of all the jumbos at heathrow.
Thanks given by:
This is why I dont want a job in london despite there being loads of positions there. Too much cost, would rather sit up in yorkshire hoarding huge piles of money but claiming im 'rite skint like lol
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2014, 02:22 PM)lolsteve Wrote: ...would rather sit up in yorkshire hoarding huge piles of money but claiming im 'rite skint like lol

Angel
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2014, 07:09 AM)Grant Wrote: You mark my words, a few more years and it will be electric cars having to pay tax or something similar...

Good so they should. Electric cars are no more eco friendly all the time our country is mostly powered by coal and gas fired power stations.
just because the emissions aren't coming out of the back of the car, doesn't mean they aren't somewhere else!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Yeah electric cars in the main aren't eco friendly as they are charged off the mains from power stations that burn coal and oil
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2014, 07:04 PM)Niall Wrote:
(30-07-2014, 07:09 AM)Grant Wrote: You mark my words, a few more years and it will be electric cars having to pay tax or something similar...

Good so they should. Electric cars are no more eco friendly all the time our country is mostly powered by coal and gas fired power stations.
just because the emissions aren't coming out of the back of the car, doesn't mean they aren't somewhere else!

No no, don't get me wrong. That's not my point at all. It's more the government pushing and backing motives such as owning 'Eco-friendly' electric cars that are cheap to run and free to tax. To then just penalise and tax them further down the line. False economy on my eyes.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should we be concerned about our diesels bashbarnard 65 14,553 15-05-2017, 09:10 AM
Last Post: r3k1355
  ByeBye Diesels lolsteve 109 27,200 14-04-2017, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Any body have experience with rover diesels? crumpy 5 2,373 15-08-2014, 06:53 AM
Last Post: crumpy