Gaming PCs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gaming PCs
Anyone on here on them apart from me?? Freshly built my new one but still using old graphics ATM Sad
What games do you buy?
Use steam or origin?
Any other geeky stuff that's awesome
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I used to be a PC gamer before cars took over my life.

Generally speaking, as a rule, i'd play games that were around the 1-2 years newer than my graphics card. But specs differ a lot so it depends on them. Steam is generally better as it's got a massive online community (well did back in 2008 when i played TF2 all day every day) and their summer sales are insanely cheap.
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
They still have a huge communtiy. They just had a steam sale. Bought loads! Also preper into the dayz alpha atm although it really buggy

Also its an escape from cars. I fix them at work and have a lot of love for mine but I need some down time lol
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Im a PC gamer, tend to play all sorts....still playing GTA IV at the moment though....wingnutz2 is my steam username if you wanna add me. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(28-07-2014, 07:53 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: They still have a huge communtiy. They just had a steam sale. Bought loads! Also preper into the dayz alpha atm although it really buggy

Also its an escape from cars. I fix them at work and have a lot of love for mine but I need some down time lol

Like i said "used to" haha! My mate very kindly bought me Mechanic Simulator and sent it to me, only thing is, my laptop can't run it on any level: inb4 Vista.

Give Max Payne 3 a run, got a lot of fun out of that.

Fix it, drive it, break it, fix it, drive it, break it. Rule of life.
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
(28-07-2014, 07:58 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Im a PC gamer, tend to play all sorts....still playing GTA IV at the moment though....wingnutz2 is my steam username if you wanna add me. Wink

Ill add havnt plyed gta yet :o bought bulletstorn for 2.50 on steam sale and it was epic. Bio shock recently. Really need to update graphics card as its ancient. Not sure what to buy though. Need a new one as ghosts wont run Sad
Thanks given by:
Bioshock Inifinite? Got that in my library, pretty good game. Wink
Thanks given by:
Yeah. Better than the second one still got nothing on original though. That was epic
Thanks given by:
I play cs go every now and again if anyone wants some competitive matches?
Thanks given by:
[Image: enu9aqy2.jpg]
The tiny part of my house that is mine to do as I please since having a child has taken up every other area
Thanks given by:
Excuse the state of the desk, its also my only little space to do what i like with, and im terrible at keeping it tidy! lol

[attachment=17997]
Thanks given by:
Thats really.messy though I love the setup. Always wanted two screens
Thanks given by:
(28-07-2014, 08:10 PM)Jimmy306uk Wrote: I play cs go every now and again if anyone wants some competitive matches?
I also play CS:GO. Feel free to drop me a PM.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Just finished the mass effect series, loved every minute

Don't use origin though, tell EA to do one.

League of legends anyone?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Planetary Annihilation.

Anyone who had a PC in the 90's and was a gamer will know exactly how epic this is going to be. I've got the Gamma version but once multiplayer bugs are ironed out it's going to be insane!

[Image: d84dbdda32e4267535fdd1f96b11ed68_large.png?1344992070]
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I have one, although I'd like to build a new one in the next year as it'd getting a smidge old now. Still running a Phenom 9850 from around 2008 but upgraded the ram to 8gb last year and bought a 7870.

I use Steam, Bigheez2k5. Mainly on Dota but have a fair few games.
Thanks given by:
I built mine in the first year of uni. One of the first I7s that came out, 8Gb memory, 120SSD, 3x 500Gb HDDs, ATI Radeon 5770, watercooling etc Also got two 19" monitors.

It still plays stuff decently but i havent bought any recent game. Plays everything i want to play on max.
Thanks given by:
I've got MASSIVE spec man want to hear?

64 bit P4 3.06 GHz
2GB DDR2?
700W power supply, anodised purple. so it's mega.
An NEC motherboard of some sort
ASDA Smartprice laser mouse
Mass produced HP 316 keyboard

ATI Radeon HD 5450 Fanless with 1GB memory overclocked as far as I dare to take all the load off the strained P4 doing simple tasks.

Yeah bitches, massive, I can play Command and Conquer.
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
Which command and conquer? i doubt it can play tiberium wars onwards!
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2014, 05:38 PM)SRowell Wrote: Which command and conquer? i doubt it can play tiberium wars onwards!

Does it matter? I thought the C&C series went downhill rapidly after Red Alert 2. Sad
(28-07-2014, 08:51 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Thats really.messy though I love the setup. Always wanted two screens

Well i do live in front of the thing tbh...and its not actually as messy as it looks in the pic...honest! lol

Also, if you wanna get pedantic, i actually have 3 screens attached to the PC...theres a 6m HDMI cable running across the room (Yes, right across the MIDDLE of the room! Big Grin) to the TV for when me and the missus wanna watch a film or TV series from the PC. Wink

Only ever 2 screens active at a time though, which is a bit poo. Rofl
Thanks given by:
Thats a genius idea I should buy another moniter for that!! Also the best command and conquer was red alert 2
Thanks given by:
I think these prices are right, if not they're only slightly off

AMD Athlon II X3 415e triple core 2.5ghz overclocked to 3ghz. Tried unlocking the secret 4th core but it wasn't stable. Bought it from china 2 years ago for £30
4gb of ram which also got a bit of clocking
ssd for system booting, best performance upgrade. Can open chrome before the computer has even finished connecting to the internet lol
Radeon 6670, dvi port on it doesn't work so won on ebay for £15 i think? I just use the hdmi out anyway
Motherboard is some random returns one I picked up from local computer shop for £20
Power supply..is supplying power
Dell 16:10 monitor, picked up from gumtree for £40

In total using bits I found from old computers and the ebay/gumtree specials my game machine cost me sub £100
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Mines
Gigabyte h87-hd3
8 gb corsiar vengeance 1600mhz
Intel i5 4400 quad core
600w power suppy corsiar one
Dell monitor
Gtx550 I think my graphics is. Its ancient wont even run dx11 so if anyone has a.decent graphics card they wanna sell Wink
Thanks given by:
I built a monster 1 in oz last year. Cost about 2 grand for parts. Way better quality than a ps3. Sold it then b4 i came home so went bak to ps.
Cod mw3 is the best game ever made Smile

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2014, 10:44 AM)daveylennon93 Wrote: I built a monster 1 in oz last year. Cost about 2 grand for parts. Way better quality than a ps3. Sold it then b4 i came home so went bak to ps.

Got a good graphics card lying about to sell then? 2 grands a lot!!!
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2014, 10:44 AM)daveylennon93 Wrote: I built a monster 1 in oz last year. Cost about 2 grand for parts. Way better quality than a ps3. Sold it then b4 i came home so went bak to ps.

MW3 is the best game ever? Lol wut

Of course it'd be better than a PS3, seeing as the PS3 is from 2005.
Thanks given by:

TMI

Anyone who thinks COD is the "best game ever made" clearly needs educating in the gaming department! Blush
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
The general consensus is that it isn't even the best COD game lmao
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
The best cod game was mw2. Commando pro ftw!!! But by far the best game ever
Thanks given by:
The average commando kill:
[Image: tumblr_inline_n79lsxVEdI1setvcj.gif]

It was a good game at the time, but there were some quite big broken bits, such as people being invincible while they used commando and charging through an entire magazine to stab you.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gaming pc help tysonbully2k12 6 1,285 30-01-2016, 09:02 PM
Last Post: toseland
  PC Gaming Scott 33 6,541 22-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum