Standards of driving rant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Standards of driving rant
Yea don't let them take that thing off, it's a wicked weapon.

Keep it on, because it's a wicked handle to grab onto.
Thanks given by:
Or just keep your cool??

Too much Russian reaction to incidents going on here.

Stress only shortens your life!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Admittedly, I'm shit at keeping my cool. Shortarse syndrome I'm afraid lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2014, 01:14 PM)Piggy Wrote: Or just keep your cool??

I agree, exchange a few pleasantries and be on your way is the best solution IMO.

If they're going to pull in front and force you off the road into a confrontation - well thats another story (and quite rare tbh)
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2014, 01:21 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: If they're going to pull in front and force you off the road into a confrontation - well thats another story (and quite rare tbh)

Driven in Bradford much?
Thanks given by:
Thats not driving
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2014, 01:51 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: Thats not driving
lol
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2014, 01:10 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: Yea don't let them take that thing off, it's a wicked weapon.

This. If your having a fight with a biker, as stupid as it sounds grab their helmet (giggidy) and just shake as hard as you can. They won't be able to do anything. Kick in the bolocks and off you go.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Sounds like you have done this before lol

(31-07-2014, 02:33 PM)Niall Wrote:
(31-07-2014, 01:10 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: Yea don't let them take that thing off, it's a wicked weapon.

This. If your having a fight with a biker, as stupid as it sounds grab their helmet (giggidy) and just shake as hard as you can. They won't be able to do anything. Kick in the bolocks and off you go.
[Image: Cropped%20pic.png]
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
I had one guy try and run me off the road when I was an instructor, thankfully I was driving and not a student.
he overtook me in a 40mph zone....and tried to push me into verge while doing it.
Then pulled in front and did an Estop.

He got out and starting ranting at me for only doing 40mph.

I told him it was a 40. He argued and swore, I just kept quiet and pointed at the speed signs about 10yds away. He was getting edgy so I told him I was dialling 999.

He gor back in his car. I reported him and the police issued him with one of those 'do it again and we seize your car' thingys.

Was quite fun as an instructor tbh despite the obvious annoyances, I was seen as a professional witness, so if I witnessed really bad driving, chav doing 50+ passed a school at 3pm for instance, I could inform police and they would follow it up.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2014, 01:14 PM)Piggy Wrote: Or just keep your cool??

Too much Russian reaction to incidents going on here.

Stress only shortens your life!

Amen. Fools are everywhere but there's no point in getting wound up, Already too much aggression in this world. Cest la vie!
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Fair play, Josh, i'll give it a rest now. Wink If i'm honest i often do similar things, i just think it's important to realise what we're doing and try to avoid stuff like that.

Tbh i find the absolute best way to deal with road ragers flashing/beeping/gesturing/shouting/etc is to smile and wave back enthusiastically as if you know them, pisses them off no end and provides endless retaliation/amusement for you without ever doing anything actually illegal or dangerous. lol
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(31-07-2014, 04:54 PM)Piggy Wrote: I was seen as a professional witness, so if I witnessed really bad driving, chav doing 50+ passed a school at 3pm for instance, I could inform police and they would follow it up.

Thats ridiculous tbh. The driving instructors around here are bad drivers anyway so i wouldn't trust them in being a witness at all!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Lol i should of done that today... there are soo many bad london drivers, im not saying im perfect at driving like when i first passed my test i nearly wrote off my car twice but didnt have no accident as i was doing what you was saying, speeding not looking etc but now it has been two years im more better at driving espically looking out for cyclist in london..

(31-07-2014, 05:27 PM)Poodle Wrote: Fair play, Josh, i'll give it a rest now. Wink If i'm honest i often do similar things, i just think it's important to realise what we're doing and try to avoid stuff like that.

Tbh i find the absolute best way to deal with road ragers flashing/beeping/gesturing/shouting/etc is to smile and wave back enthusiastically as if you know them, pisses them off no end and provides endless retaliation/amusement for you without ever doing anything actually illegal or dangerous. lol
[Image: Cropped%20pic.png]
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
There's a lot to be said for just letting stuff go tbh, I've calmed down a lot in recent years. Even the old dears driving around NSL's at 35mph don't bother me *that* much any more, at the end of the day there's more important things in life than getting to your destination 10 minutes later than you otherwise would. Plus getting angry isn't going to make them go any faster (unfortunately).
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Josh, what is hard quoting in the correct format? Quote on top, your reply underneath. What you are doing is ridiculous.
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2014, 05:27 PM)Poodle Wrote: Tbh i find the absolute best way to deal with road ragers flashing/beeping/gesturing/shouting/etc is to smile and wave back enthusiastically as if you know them, pisses them off no end and provides endless retaliation/amusement for you without ever doing anything actually illegal or dangerous. lol

Remember how that ended..? lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Some absolute bellends on the a34 the other day

1st offender: Sign coming up to roundabout says "use both lanes for a34" so I sit in the right hand lane as the left hander is full of traffic. As I'm about to come off the roundabout the prick in the left hand lane decides to cut across me without looking but there traffic going the way he wants to go so instead of driving off he ends up sat in front of me causing me to slam on and use the horn. The result: A quick look from him eyeing me up and the looks on as if nothing happened. In the picture im the blue line and he is red with the high lighter being the traffic

2nd offender: As I pull away from the first guys prickish action I find my front end nearly being taken off by a van trying to squeeze in the gap between me and a car in the left hand lane, again more horn action. Could have been saved by me checking mirrors before pulling off but was rather in shock by nearly crashing moments before

3rd offender: Driving on the a34 at about national speed limit in right hand lane, polo decides the left lane isn't good enough for him and pulls out without indicating at a speed of about 50mph. Again hard brake action ensures. The polo then travels so slowly that he is being undertaken by lorries/vans etc. The polo eventually pulls back into the left lane again without indication, as i pass him i catch him staring at me to which i respond with my mimicking a flashing light with my hand
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  overpriced even by irish standards? o.O rtha6551 12 2,399 13-11-2013, 07:09 PM
Last Post: rtha6551