Hdi mapping software/vnt ecu control

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hdi mapping software/vnt ecu control
Well I'm hoping that jammapic and Ryan see this lol I basically want to learns / experiment with this and I didn't know where to look for the information.
Thanks given by:
dunno nowadays what programs arre used, i remember a few years back when i looked before WINOLS was used, probably some better way now mind
Thanks given by:
Hi,

What exactly are you after? There are some knocked off versions of WinOLS floating about, but honestly, the best thing I ever did was buy it. Proper support, all the checksums you could ever want, and updates when they come out. It's not cheap, but if you are serious you need it.

What I would suggest is first of all look at your own stock 90 hdi file and mod it through stage 1, stage 2 etc and get a feel for how the injection maps work. Without that basic grounding, moving further will be difficult. It's EDC15, without boost control so it's very basic.

Next thing I would do is look at a HDI 110 map, it's so similar it's scary - but you should see subtle differences which will show you how the boost control is enabled. It's not a huge leap from this to swap a few things around and work it out for VNT control....

Next is wiring the car up - you'll need a couple of sensors, wires and bits and pieces and with some basic electronic nouse you'll be able to wire the car up pretty much like a HDI 110.

Fit a VNT turbo, and try it!!! BE PREPARED TO BECOME A NERD.... you will ALWAYS think you can improve things....

If you need any pointers, just holler.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2014, 05:16 PM)jammapic Wrote: Hi,

What exactly are you after? There are some knocked off versions of WinOLS floating about, but honestly, the best thing I ever did was buy it. Proper support, all the checksums you could ever want, and updates when they come out. It's not cheap, but if you are serious you need it.

What I would suggest is first of all look at your own stock 90 hdi file and mod it through stage 1, stage 2 etc and get a feel for how the injection maps work. Without that basic grounding, moving further will be difficult. It's EDC15, without boost control so it's very basic.

Next thing I would do is look at a HDI 110 map, it's so similar it's scary - but you should see subtle differences which will show you how the boost control is enabled. It's not a huge leap from this to swap a few things around and work it out for VNT control....

Next is wiring the car up - you'll need a couple of sensors, wires and bits and pieces and with some basic electronic nouse you'll be able to wire the car up pretty much like a HDI 110.

Fit a VNT turbo, and try it!!! BE PREPARED TO BECOME A NERD.... you will ALWAYS think you can improve things....

If you need any pointers, just holler.

JP

Jp I'm so glad you wrote lol what I'm after is to learn realy, i ain't thinking of anything like starting a buisness from it Smile is there any books I could buy which explain it all better as everytime I ask google it brings up tuning companies and kwp2000,mpps ect

And that's why I asked you'd you to do me a stage2 once my mpps turns up, not so I can rip off the map but so I can look at the differences in maps and try to make my own but with the security of having a good map for when my map I'll make is crap hahah Smile
Thanks given by:
Haha... erm, not sure about books. I just delved in and messed about with stuff... buy a spare ECU too!
JP
Thanks given by:
I thought the ecus wernt interchangeable though mate??
Just looking for winols aswell so I can have a play. If you have a hdi 110 map on you computer mate could you email it me so when iv got the software I can look at the two maps like you said
Bet I'm doin your tits in ain't i haha Tongue
Thanks given by:
I had two ECU's for mine and they both worked perfectly. Iirc I bought the second one as "unlocked" though.

It helps because you can have a known good map on the second one, leave it under the seat and if / when you find a fault in your current beta map you can just swap it over.

Yeah, I'll send you a 110 map over no problem. Let me know once you've got all the software on and I'll talk you through it.

Have you ever used WinOLS before?

Not doing my tits in at all... we all have to learn!!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2014, 07:51 AM)jammapic Wrote: I had two ECU's for mine and they both worked perfectly. Iirc I bought the second one as "unlocked" though.

It helps because you can have a known good map on the second one, leave it under the seat and if / when you find a fault in your current beta map you can just swap it over.

Yeah, I'll send you a 110 map over no problem. Let me know once you've got all the software on and I'll talk you through it.

JP

iv had a look at ecus and decoding so hopefully get a spare eventually, had a bloody nightmare tonight trying to sort out the drivers for my mpps, the bloke whoiv had it off has sent me the mpps softwre but no drivers so messed about tryin to get the drivers which i eventually did, but then when i tryed to install them vista decided that even with directed folders and sub folders that it wasnt goin to play ball, dont know why i thought of it but directed vista at dick drive c (hardrive) and bish bash bosh it all worked lol and no iv never used winols before so thatl be and experience when i have a go lol
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2014, 07:51 AM)jammapic Wrote: I had two ECU's for mine and they both worked perfectly. Iirc I bought the second one as "unlocked" though.

JP

just downloaded the demo version of winols and ohh my frigg im blagged, how do i know what i need to change and not change theres so much lol i havnt got checksums with demo version which i dont know how important it is as i dont know what a checksum is lol
Thanks given by:
You don't need to checksum it unless you are going to write it back to the car. It matters a bit less these days anyway, as mpps checksum corrects of a fashion anyway.

And therein lies the black magic of mapping. What do you change? What don't you change? Which maps do what and how do you find the maps? Along with that you've got single byte limiters and switches which do different things...

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Iv got a whole new appreciation for mappers after spending 2 hours basically just staring at a screen and reading stuff on Google to figure out something which in turn basically made my brain even more blank lol
Thanks given by:
Yes, it takes time.. I've looked at the files for about 8 years now. I 'only' have about 400 identified and confirmed maps.. Still some way to go Smile
Thanks given by:
You can sort of see why there isn't many top quality mappers for every car as it must take so much time to get to know each specific car with its own characteristics that you'd never have the time to learn every single one.
Thanks given by:
Chris306, it easy to learn stage1 and 2, but learning how to do custom stuff is hard.
Thanks given by:
I've probably been looking at the maps on and off for 5 years or so, I'd be confident enough in stage 1/2 or whatever, but when the custom stuff comes a long it becomes so much more difficult, what's related to what... It's the picture you build in your head of what the unit is trying to do... It's by no means an overnight process.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diagnostics gubbins/mapping Uberderv 37 5,097 15-08-2017, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Uberderv
  MPPS V13.02 Software? Ricky 2 1,292 17-05-2014, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Ricky
  New Laptop = Mapping Time. Dodgy Bob 12 2,631 29-04-2014, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Kwik