Easiest way of fitting the circlip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easiest way of fitting the circlip
'evening all,

I finally had the chance to sort the rear brakes out, all apart from this type of circlip.

I was a little hesitant to use force as I didn't want to stuff the new bearing.

How do I get the damn thing in without knackering the bearing, losing fingers or swearing?

(apologies for crappy picture quality)
Thanks given by:
Just push it in with hand untill its in then tap it down with screwdriverpunch hammer
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I got it down to the rim half way down but as one end went down the other came up.

I thought about using a socket but wondered if I could compress it somehow?
Thanks given by:
Just get a friend to hold one side down as you tap other should be easy never had an issue with them before
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
circlip pliers???
Thanks given by:
You cant use circlip pliers on those without the holes...

I haven't had an issue with fitting these though, they literally just push in! Push one side right down, hold it there and then push the ends in...
Thanks given by:
Well, I feel a bit of an idiot Confused

Thank you BashBarnard and Toms306. After a fresh look at things, the clips went in soft as butter.

All I can think is I was just tired and couldn't see the most straight forward way of doing it.
Thanks given by:
Ive been there before to tierd to to do anything logically
Thanks given by: