Stuck on crystal installation :/

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuck on crystal installation :/
I have just purchased a tidy set of ph3 crystals and plan to fit them on my ph2 dturbo. However I have come up against a worthy foe. My front grille panel retaining clips. Whats the best tool for removing them without damaging them or can I obtain some new ones from anywhere?
Thanks given by:
pull centre of them out with a flat blade screwdriver, or similar tool....then pull the second part out Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2014, 09:38 PM)Piggy Wrote: pull centre of them out with a flat blade screwdriver, or similar tool....then pull the second part out Smile

See thats what my intial thought was but my clips seem to be really well stuck in to the point that they bend and buckle as I lever them Undecided
Thanks given by:
Good luck not damaging them! I've tried various methods, including spoons and forks etc lol, still haven't managed to pull them out without damage...
Thanks given by:
Also is there anything else I will need for the installation/operation of these?

(19-07-2014, 09:51 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Good luck not damaging them! I've tried various methods, including spoons and forks etc lol, still haven't managed to pull them out without damage...

Haha good to know its not just me Smile
Thanks given by:
Use a set of scissors and get one blade under each side of the clip ( yes I know there round so they don't have sides before you say Smile )
Now put on some force to get them up a little, once up a few millimetres put some side cutters or long nose pliers under to fully lever them up.

Before you put them back, smear a very tiny amount of copper slip on the inner part and you won't have troubles with them again.

Alternatively you can but new ones from ebay or Peugeot. Or just pick up everyone you can find at the breakers yard as spares Smile
Thanks given by:
I use a pair of snips, slide one blade under each side and pop it up, no damage
Thanks given by:
What? I thought they came broken from the factory... if they were broken then you wouldnt have this problem! Big Grin
Thanks given by: