what coolant to use

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what coolant to use
Hi guys i am going to change my thermostat and do a complete coolant change whats the recomended winter coolant to use cheers.
Thanks given by:
Usual blue one. The red one is designed for ally engines and sometimes effects rubber seals from what I'v seen
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Ive got the red stuff in mine. Its what I had at the time....
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
depends on how much money you have and how long you want between intervals...red is best stuff...(orange once in there)...I generally use that.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Bear in mind its not good to mix blue and red without a flush in-between as on occasions, they have been known to congeal together. Some form of chemical reaction i would assume!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I've always had blue in mine, and Niall is correct in saying that mixing the two has an acidic reaction (ask Renault about their clio inlet manifold failures) .
when ever I change coolant I always flush it first to get any residue out before putting fresh stuff in.
Thanks given by:
thanks for the replies guys will get some blue then this is for use in my 1.9 nad i use it for towing a trailer doing peoples tip runs etc in this weather its running a little warm (yes fans do run about 94 if i remeber correctly) im thinking of wiring in a switch so i can turn the electric fan on earlier when sat in traffic etc is there a guide anywhere on how to wire one in easily cheers.
Thanks given by:
Yeah heres one http://www.club-306.com/topic/23867-cool...-switches/

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:
You can use either, as pointed out just make sure you don't mix em.

The long life stuff goes for BRASS bushes. none of these XU's have that shit in em Smile only need to worry if you own classic cars.
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by: