Estate Rear Beam On A Phase 1 Dturbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estate Rear Beam On A Phase 1 Dturbo
So picked up a 306 phase 1, but as with any left knocking about Ireland it is lowered.
I have 306 estate with a rear axle at standard height, if i but the estate rear axle on the Dturbo anyone know if it will sit higher than on the estate due the estate having extra weight? I am presuming it will. If so ill just raise the one on the Dturbo.
Thanks given by:
Id bin thd dturbo beam tbh, ive yet to come across a lowered beam which wasnt dead.
Thanks given by:
Its not the original beam in the dturbo, it was dead when the last guy bought the car so he replaced it.
Thanks given by:
It will sit higher than the estate due to the weight as you say, but it'll sit at GTi height which is fine for most (not sure about the Irish though lol).
Thanks given by:
Gti height is perfect for me (30+). Also looking to lift the front, am I correct in saying that all 306 hdi 3 doors are all dturbo's and therefore have slightly lower front shock/spring set up (same as gti ). Breaking gti6's in Ireland are few and far between.
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2014, 08:00 AM)welshpug Wrote: Id bin thd dturbo beam tbh, ive yet to come across a lowered beam which wasnt dead.

lol
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2014, 10:19 AM)seanyleary Wrote: Gti height is perfect for me (30+). Also looking to lift the front, am I correct in saying that all 306 hdi 3 doors are all dturbo's and therefore have slightly lower front shock/spring set up (same as gti ). Breaking gti6's in Ireland are few and far between.

Yep, 3dr HDis are all DTurbo's. BUT they don't quite sit as low as GTi's unfortunately....and most have probably had different shocks/springs by now. I kept the standard GTi beam on mine but went for Xsara front struts to keep ride comfort but give a slight drop, just a little lower than GTi now I think.
Thanks given by:
cheers tom might still go for the hdi dturbo front end set up.
Thanks given by:
Wouldn't bother lol. They'll either be leaky or standard replacements by now....on my 4th DTurbo HDi. Tongue
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear beam ...the good and the bad Mighty306 35 15,316 23-07-2020, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear Beam Pgtips 1 1,391 26-06-2020, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear beam rebuild MOK 21 6,503 18-03-2019, 03:40 PM
Last Post: MOK