Peugeot 306 xrdt oil leak turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot 306 xrdt oil leak turbo
Hello

It has bin a while ago i have bin here on the forum Smile
I notice some oil leak from the XUD engine on the back side, first i was thinking about crankshaft seal, rocker cover gasket and some more places but when i looked under the engine backside i can see oil coming from the turbo.
I looked on youtube about turbo,s failure and i found one that iff the engine has not changed oil after several years the turbo oil feedback can get glocked (how do you say it in english?) with tick sludge oil and the turbo seal can go appart and oil pipe too and the intercooler can fill upp with oil and leaking out!
And that is what happened to mee becouse i can see oil coming out the intercooler.
Annyway is this correct? is it hard jobb to change seals on a XUD turbo? difficult to get the turbo out under the car with good space ( i have a car lift)?

thank you for support
[Image: 62941977.jpg]
Thanks given by:
have a look in the inlet to the turbo for oil, if its oily there then its most likely oil mist from the crank breathers going through the turbo. (mine is)

mine pulls oil through the turbo to the point whjere i considered taking the breather hose off of the intake,.

not difficult to get under but i would get it off and check it soon, as a turbo failure is not a nice thing tbh.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
OK thanks for answer, i was just thinking about turbo kit on ebay but i duno what kind off turbo i have garret something like that but offcourse i was thinking about take off the turbo first and see where the fault is!
Il update with pictures while taking off the turbo and picture off the turbo.

Thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
If turbo is blow, just get a replacement one...guys on here will sell you one for £30/40 posted Smile

But check oil supply/return first. maybe simple Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ok the oil supply is the small black pipe wright? thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
yeah, steel pipe bolted to the top is the feed, rubber hose running out the bottom is the return
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leak of Pipe Air Leak PaddyPug 5 2,873 18-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Last Post: PaddyPug
  306 xrdt radiator stokesy 8 2,851 05-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Last Post: stokesy
  XRDT and DT the milkman 9 1,927 15-01-2013, 09:07 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum