Worst vehicle you've ever driven?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst vehicle you've ever driven?
(16-07-2014, 05:33 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: I do think you're being a little OTT, if you can drive a lowered 306 & not complain, I don't somehow think you were sick in a brand new car because it started it's engine on it's own. Lol.

I wasn't actually sick lol. But it did make me feel sick. And no, I'm not being OTT. Ive driven a lot of cars in my relatively short period of driving. It literally shook the whole car from side to side.
Don't forget as well my 306 is not my daily, if it was that shit would of been gone a long time ago lol

(16-07-2014, 05:38 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote:
(16-07-2014, 05:31 PM)Niall Wrote: F30. And yes your right there was but every time i did it just flashed up unavailable on the screen although in all fairness, it could be a bedding in thing as my Kia stop start wouldn't work for the first 300 miles.
Regardless though, you would of thought a "premium" manufacturer could build a car with a eco feature that doesn't have to be turned off all the time otherwise you will fill the car with sick!

My uncles 5 series was much the same. Far too lurchy unless you tap the throttle slightly before to wake it up just before. Drove the 1.6tdci focus and have to say the start/stop tech in that is seamless so how are BMW getting it so wrong!

Exactly. The stop start in my Kia is fine. Very very occasionally it will be a bit rough but thats it. That 3 series was just terrible for it!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Vauxhall calibre; company car lasted 1 day !!! some gobsh*te bought it when I parked it up in the demonstrator bay, after me getting out and spitting at it............................
Thanks given by:
wait.. i am about to win the internet...

i drove a BLAZE 1.4 (hire car, remapped.... brutal 0-60 times)... which sucked manschlong
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Ferrari 355. It was left hand drive, All the pedals are stupidly close together and there is a plate that your foot gets stuck under every time you put the clutch down.
Thanks given by:
lmao

I want to change mine, just remembered the Chrysler PT Cruiser. Words can't describe how crap it is, will have to drive one to find out. The interior gives you a good idea of the rest of it, the material you can see EVERYWHERE is 1970's plastic btw... http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/2002-Chrysl...r=INTERIOR
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
its american.. american;s idea of luxury is.. "bigger" not more luxury
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2014, 08:36 PM)Poodle Wrote: lmao

I want to change mine, just remembered the Chrysler PT Cruiser. Words can't describe how crap it is, will have to drive one to find out. The interior gives you a good idea of the rest of it, the material you can see EVERYWHERE is 1970's plastic btw... http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/2002-Chrysl...r=INTERIOR

These injure my eyes in a way only a Chrysler could!
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
I've quite enjoyed all of my cars - the MkII Cortina was a hoot in the wet for example - but I drove a Mitsubishi Canter box van for two days for a local company and after driving from Wiltshire to Yorkshire on day 1 was practically crippled...I couldn't even stand up straight to walk after getting out of the cab.
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2014, 10:32 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote:
(16-07-2014, 08:36 PM)Poodle Wrote: lmao

These injure my eyes in a way only a Chrysler could!

i do love the chrysler philosophy with regards to the cabriolet version... no integration, no styling changes to make it look better they just practically lopped the roof off with a body saw, and bolted the soft top on..
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Bloody stop-start. Gonna be a liability in 10 years when you get held up at every light by cars failing to restart.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Fiat punto. 1.1 I think... my back aches just thinking about that slow, ugly, uncomfortable pos.
Thanks given by:
I'm torn between my daewoo matiz 0.8 first car that i still have love for but i know it was a terrible car, fuel economy down below 20mpg when ragged (i cant average that low over a tank in the 6) terribly made, small uncomfortable, could get airborne off undulations in the road at alarmingly low speed understeered with just front passengers and with rear passengers the front wheels might as well not of been on the floor.

And a Skoda Octavia VRS estate, this one to be specific
[Image: 8195347063_ce16a160f3_z.jpg]
How do they make a top of the range big sporty estate that only does 0-60 in about 10 seconds and understeers worse than a vectra. Its huge on the outside, tiny on the inside and incredibly poorly made. At 75k in a little under 2 years its falling apart, most of the interior trim is loose or falling off, the seats already have covers on to hide the worn bolsters and even the door cards have holes in the vinyl where people rest their arms, it constantly flashes up warnings about blown bolus that aren't blown and the engine is rough as a badgers arsehole. Also the DSG box is useless, blasting alon3 in 3rd and lift a little for a corner and it'll stick it into 6th, using it in sport on the paddled and trying to hold it at 4k in 2nd after 3 seconds it'll decide that your wrong and give you the next gear anyway. Brake heavily from speed to something and then jump back on the throttle and it'll need a seriously long time to think about what gear you might like and when it does decide it'll be wrong.

(16-07-2014, 02:22 PM)Ruan Wrote: Oh yeah right what's with this...

VWs 2.0 CR TDi (140/170/180) - ok they can make some impressive power levels, but so could any CR Diesel with a good cylinder head...

But what the feck is with how bleeding ROUGH, LOUD and HARSH they are!? Soon as you lift the clutch to start pulling away, all the engine vibrations are just instantly transferred into the cabin, everything shakes and rattles... They're nice and responsive which admittedly is more than can be said for PSAs CRs...

They also have a chronic whine that seemingly every single one has...

Drive a PSA 16v Commonrail from 10 years ago and you'd think it runs on double cream and kittens! Yet the VAG TDis get stonking reviews.
Agreed apart from the bit about "nice and responsive"
Thanks given by:
As far as the Skoda is concerned - not ideal considering what it's being asked to do...
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2014, 05:48 PM)toseland Wrote: wait.. i am about to win the internet...

i drove a BLAZE 1.4 (hire car, remapped.... brutal 0-60 times)... which sucked manschlong

lmao
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Chris i would love to know what you guys did to that Octy because mine was bullet proof. Alright, it wasn't a handling machine but it was well built and took a hell of a lot of shit (just ask any members that came in it with me haha)
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Mums ford fiesta 2002 1.4
Seriously underpowered for a 16v (80hp) , a k series is 100 and is an older design.

The interior plastic is cheap but feels thick, resulting in a poor quality heavy car
Seat material is not suitable for distance driving or if you wanted any comfort

Just overall very poor quality and surproses me how they sold so many
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
1.4 307! Gutless and just generally not nice to drive! I've had some other awful ones too haha
Thanks given by:
In many ways the Bluebird take that crown, Gutless yet thristy 1.6 bag of spanners and bouncy ride due to the 'custom' springs. Still loved it though..Not got high standards when it comes to cars TBH if it stops starts and go's round corners jobs a good 'un!
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
worst car I drove, was my mates courtesy car, it was a corsa 1.2 xsi, it was an 05 plater, and I tell you what, it was bland, my 1.1 metros were more fun to drive! we gave that thing hell, and it wasn't setting our lives on fire, to this day we cannot see what the chavs and boy racers saw in them!
Thanks given by:
Honda civic ek4 1.6 vti was never ending breaking down spent like 1k almost in the first week fixing the fecker !!
Thanks given by:
[Image: aguje7uh.jpg]

Fiat Punto Sporting. Had 6 steering racks in 3 years. Oh and several turbos
Thanks given by:
Turbo on a sporting you say....

There's too many to list one that sticks out 1.2 corsa b dreadful in every way it's a corsa what do you expect only car to date I know of that did 80 in 4th and 60 flat out in 5th so yes it was on te redline in 4th all the time
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2014, 07:34 PM)scot.ramsell Wrote: [Image: aguje7uh.jpg]

Didn't know the sporting had a turbo Confused thought it would be more of the 6 speed box that's made of cheese.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2014, 10:37 PM)Jtrigga Wrote:
(18-07-2014, 07:34 PM)scot.ramsell Wrote: [Image: aguje7uh.jpg]

Didn't know the sporting had a turbo Confused thought it would be more of the 6 speed box that's made of cheese.

That's what I was thinking but then I thought maybe lot of money put in to turbo it or something.. But I also didn't realise it had a 6 speed box the only fiat "sporting" model I ever drove was a friends seicento which was awful in every aspect!

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Wasn't the GT the turbo one?
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2014, 11:11 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: Wasn't the GT the turbo one?

I thought this.. sporting was just a trim model?
Thanks given by:
Turns out the sporting 1.2 16v did come with a 6 speed [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] wtf.

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
It was an active sporting model, it did have a turbo! And 85bhp! With a 1.9 JTD engine.
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2014, 09:11 PM)scot.ramsell Wrote: It was an active sporting model, it did have a turbo! And 85bhp! With a 1.9 JTD engine.
Oh a diesel, right.
Thanks given by:
Not very exciting I know. However I was trawling my old car history and I have found a pic of my 2004-2006 ride which was truly awful.... Renault Laguna 3.0 IDE Privilege. That was god awful
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Probate vehicle valuations Paul_13 6 2,206 07-06-2017, 09:21 AM
Last Post: r3k1355
  Lifting a Vehicle over a Pit RetroPug 42 13,722 16-02-2017, 11:27 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
  Another new vehicle has arrived. Danny Wideboy 7 1,730 08-02-2017, 08:05 AM
Last Post: hotrodjacko