Been a while!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Been a while!
Haven't been on in bloody ages, but thought I'd show my face.

So not much really happens out in the sticks of Norfolk, and after deciding that I'm fed up with my job and sitting about here I have made some progress. I have been accepted for an oil and gas apprenticeship and am set to move to Scotland on the 1st of September!! On to new and better things!

Due to taking a paycut to start with I will be selling the Golf very soon. =( gutted but it has to be done!

(picture for those who haven't seen it.)

O[Image: aby8ynam.jpg]

And I have just bought it's replacement.

[Image: ataqyda8.jpg]

(har-har... Yes it's another golf) but it will free up a stack of cash for me.
And will be turned into a track slag very slowly over my apprenticeship.

Did try to be friendly on some of the vag forums but they are all fecking arseholes tbh.

So yeah essay over. =)
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Welcome back Jake. You know you should of bought a 306 though Tongue
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Welcome back mate. Thought you said the A3 was going to be the missus's car?

Also I know your starting an apprenticeship but whats gonna happen when (if) Scotland becomes independent and all the Oil/Gas companies move to another EU country (probably Norway) to keep the EU trade benefits and stability?
Thanks given by:
I did try but got messed about twice so gave up
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Welcome back man, you must know I'd approve of the new motor Wink. Nice one on the job, too!
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2014, 08:34 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Welcome back mate. Thought you said the A3 was going to be the missus's car?

Also I know your starting an apprenticeship but whats gonna happen when (if) Scotland becomes independent and all the Oil/Gas companies move to another EU country (probably Norway) to keep the EU trade benefits and stability?

Unless the Scottish are completely retarded, they won't go independent.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(14-07-2014, 08:35 PM)Curt Wrote: Welcome back man, you must know I'd approve of the new motor Wink. Nice one on the job, too!
I knew I could count on you! Got the 1.8t engine too.. I was actually going to message you to see if you had and parts laying about I could take off your hands.

(14-07-2014, 08:34 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Welcome back mate. Thought you said the A3 was going to be the missus's car?

Nope the Mrs has a cooper-s... Awesome fun.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2014, 08:49 PM)Niall Wrote: Unless the Scottish are completely retarded, they won't go independent.

That's a bloody big "unless", you have met Dum-Dum?

Welcome back Jake. I'm the same, signed up on a Mercedes forum but everyone's up their own arse, had more love for my car here!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2014, 08:53 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(14-07-2014, 08:49 PM)Niall Wrote: Unless the Scottish are completely retarded, they won't go independent.

That's a bloody big "unless", you have met Dum-Dum?

Exactly! There is alot of my fellow countrymen that are the thick as f*ck, unemployed, football and fight loving inbreds that the pro independence campaign is appealing to that will go for all this nonsense and vote for it and f*ck scotland in the arse.

If they go independant I'm never moving back (unless I get deported).
Thanks given by:
I'm guessing I'd still be allowed to complete my apprenticeship in Scotland as the industry earns so much money for them and I'd be part way through the thing.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a decent career change Jake. Smile

Oh, and I definitely approve of the A3. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2014, 09:03 PM)Jake Wrote: I'm guessing I'd still be allowed to complete my apprenticeship in Scotland as the industry earns so much money for them and I'd be part way through the thing.

Assuming its a proper apprenticeship scheme, it will be run by our government so unless Scotland really go all out mad and decide none of us are allowed over their boarder, you have no need to worry lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(14-07-2014, 08:51 PM)Jake Wrote: I knew I could count on you! Got the 1.8t engine too.. I was actually going to message you to see if you had and parts laying about I could take off your hands.

Haha, of course... Nice one, it's the one to have IMO. How you finding it? I'm sure it doesn't feel much after the Golf at the moment... Stage 1 transforms it.

I don't have anything really that I'm not using... If I think of anything I'll let you know Smile.
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2014, 09:05 PM)Niall Wrote:
(14-07-2014, 09:03 PM)Jake Wrote: I'm guessing I'd still be allowed to complete my apprenticeship in Scotland as the industry earns so much money for them and I'd be part way through the thing.

Assuming its a proper apprenticeship scheme, it will be run by our government so unless Scotland really go all out mad and decide none of us are allowed over their boarder, you have no need to worry lol

Actually no you do, the scheme is a UK government scheme at the min but scotland will no longer be covered by any UK government stuff.

Also IIRC some of the oil companies had hinted that they would leave scotland if Scotland left the UK (and thus the EU).
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2014, 10:22 PM)Curt Wrote:
(14-07-2014, 08:51 PM)Jake Wrote: I knew I could count on you! Got the 1.8t engine too.. I was actually going to message you to see if you had and parts laying about I could take off your hands.

Haha, of course... Nice one, it's the one to have IMO. How you finding it? I'm sure it doesn't feel much after the Golf at the moment... Stage 1 transforms it.

I don't have anything really that I'm not using... If I think of anything I'll let you know Smile.
Yeah it's alright. I had one before that we used as a track car, completely stripped and running about 220hp which is what I plan to do to this. I'm going to look into bigger Turbos soon and see what the plan is probably go for the k04 if I can get one cheap enough.

And Chris I'm presuming that they would not have hired me if anything was going to be a problem regarding the votes Outcome so I'm not worrying about it for now
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Damn there was me thinking you'd bought another 306!

Welcome back though, can't say I've missed you though....
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I could possibly be tempted by a 306 of one came about at the right price but the audi will do for now.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by: