Show us yer shunt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show us yer shunt
Thumbs Down 
I couldn't find a thread like this, so thought maybe I should start one. Forgive me if I've had a momentary lapse of sight, hopefully a mod can move my post.

Here's a little tap I had in my first 306 while I was in my teens. Safe to say that I learned my lesson immediately, and 12 years on I am accident free. It's not something I'm proud of, and I don't think the wall was too impressed either.

[attachment=17515]

Anyone else had a slight lapse of judgement they're not too embarrassed to share?
Thanks given by:
Impressive!

Anyway some of mine in chronological order

Decided that I fancied using the back of a zifira to slow down rather than my brakes, ended well
[attachment=17516]

Then a month after getting that repaired got a moment of lift off oversteer and over corrected, was still on the throttle trying to correct it again when i hit the lamp post at about 60mph
[attachment=17517]

Then accidentally reveresed my bianca into a bollard that I didnt see as it was already bent from being hit previously and it was a dark colour and it was pitch black outside and my reverse lights were tempermental.
[attachment=17518]

And then some knobber in a BMW cut across my lane on a dual carriageway corner when I was overtaking him leaving me with nowhere to go except into him or into the kerb so hit the BMW.
[attachment=17519]
Thanks given by:
Quite the collection!

Between the remaining panels there's a solid car there!
Thanks given by:
Not many I have pics of (not that I crash as a habit lol) Hit a dry stone wall in my first car, spent lots of time/money getting it repaired only to throw it down a hillside..no pics though that was 10 years ago before I bothered with cameras.

Had a Mondeo for a while that got used as a battering ram, Gaffer tape fixes all!

[Image: PHONEPICS011.jpg]

Found out the dangers of being part of a convoy full of slightly giddy idiots (myself included)

[Image: 228629_1068237580423_7569_n.jpg?oh=609bd...e=5440FDD3]

Result of trying to drive down a 1 in 4 lane covered in black ice...added to the character Wink

[Image: 22231_1286783243928_577498_n.jpg]

Sneaky bollard caught me out in the van afew years ago

[Image: 523034_2508999318566_1246950594_n.jpg]
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
My little bump. Had a head on down a onw lane country road round a blind corner with a mazda 6 awd. Needless to say the mazda came off better and this bloody hurt!!! [Image: eta9yru3.jpg]
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum started it with the sedan by hitting a bmw, I finished the job with an oversteer correction that didn't work. Resulted in going off the road through a fairly substantial hedge and landing nose down in the field on the other side. Really annoyed me this incident as it cost me all my ncb Sad
Live and learn and all that though
[Image: 20130812_021951_zpsdab75556.jpg]

This was caused by a tit in a freelander stopped in the middle of the road on the other side of a blind crest. Choice was front garden of a cottage or back of a stationary landrover. Ruined a previously mint cherry Red 405 Sad
[Image: 298134_287429191277835_830620478_n_zps1fb95fc7.jpg]

And this was bonnet catch failure and the resulting bonnet into the screen. Scary stuff with the sudden loud bang and not being able to see anything
[Image: IMAG0472.jpg]
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
[attachment=17520]
Thanks given by:
Nothing a little T-Cut won't fix. Maybe get a couple of bottles to be sure.
Thanks given by:
Lmao what happened there Sam?

Playing 306 jousting or something
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
My first car almost a year ago

[attachment=17521]

9.30 at night in the pitch black, was going round this corner and at the end of the corner the road went from a 2-1 lane, saw a car coming flying down that single lane i was supposed to be going on, slammed the brakes to the floor (not a good idea - no ABS) due to the brake bias being on full on the rear + No ABS + shitty Japansese tyres I just couldnt control the rear end of the car, went into a ditch and the car flipped onto its roof (only had the car 1 day!) Was quite a night! Wouldnt have had/loved the 306 so much if id still had that though.
Thanks given by:
Before:

[Image: BEFORE1.JPG]
[Image: BEFORE2.JPG]

After:

[Image: AFTER1.JPG]
[Image: AFTER2.JPG]
[Image: AFTER3.JPG]
[Image: AFTER4.JPG]
[Image: AFTER5.JPG]

Pretty much every panel dented except for the roof.
I'd have bought it back for a track car as it still remarkably drove straight and true.
But the buy back was ridiculous, like 70% of the pay out.

About 3 months later petrol went up by 30p/litre.
With hindsight I wasn't that bothered. Smile
Thanks given by:
How did you manage to get both sides? D:
Thanks given by:
Skills Cool

Sadly it wasn't even at high speed or I could claim I was being a dick.
Back end just let go on a simple corner I knew well.
I was in 5th at 50 and had feck all revs to pull her back in line.
Was just out driving miss daisy really.
Span into the apex (twice) which mainly consisted of a metal reinforced hedge...

We are just sat in there looking at each other going "WTF just happened".
A week prior that that was spanking it around North Wales quite happily.
Thanks given by:

I remember this back in the .net days really liked this car, wasn't it by coincidence it was another 306.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
The baby Jebus just shed a tear at the sight of the battered GTR
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
[img][Image: DSC05277.jpg][/img]

Best thing for a 206
Thanks given by:
wtf did the OP hit!! the engine is missing on that!

my little tangle with a post!
I only had the f*cking car not even 3 weeks! it haunted me to the day I parted company that did! the repair wasn't done well either.

[Image: Picture020.jpg]

the hdi,
[Image: 009.jpg]
my mate slipped over on black ice, when we came out from shopping after work, trolley goes into the front bumper and my mate goes flying over the bonnet,
he was well gutted about that, I said not your fault. just proved how crap work was for safety at the time! now they salt the car parks.

this is what happens when a jack fails! I had the wheel under there at the time.

[Image: 013.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Haha! The gearbox ended 20m up the road!
Thanks given by:
Incident with a dickwad in a bus in Gloucester - didn't hit the bus, but ended up pinching a kerb at a good 30mph.

[Image: 532701_10200651600347993_1646268127_n.jpg]

Bent the shocker like a banana.

[Image: 12344_10200651599867981_264123474_n.jpg?...e=5448548E]

Wrecked a tyre.

[Image: 2013+-+1]

Anyone familiar with the shape of P bushes will be aware that this is supremely f*cked!

Had to reseat the steering rack on the subframe, shunted it over with the impact.

Hardly a big one, but did a surprising amount of damage and caused the passenger side airbag to inflate!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
That p-bush is fuuuuuuucked! Must have been a fair amount of force to deform it like that!
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Incredible isn't it!

I was appalled when I took it off, that's a genuine Peugeot item also! I was seriously glad for the OEM wishbones as I reckon a motorfactor part and it'd have just ripped the wishbone clean off the car.

Honestly, the bang when I hit the kerb was loud enough for me not to even realise the passenger side airbag had gone off... Until I heard my mate swearing his head off as it'd seriously burnt the entire way up his arm, massive pink and blue burn up under his tshirt, still has the scar today AFAIK.

For the record, it wasn't just a case of me randomly hitting the kerb, the gap was so tight that I clipped the wing mirror on the bus and hit the kerb with railings on the central reservation, it was that tight!

I've not really driven it much since, but I would quite like to replace the entire subframe and steering system after that, it did manage to be tracked, but I'll bet it's still out of alignment at the extremities.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
This isn't mine but its my step dads old xsi, he had it less than a week.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
[Image: 167935_1740013174423_5709180_n.jpg]

That was my first of 3 shunts in my China 1.4....cant seem to find the other pics, they might be on my external hard drive though, will dig it out tomorrow. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by: