my car wont start :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my car wont start :(
hello everyone, im haveing abit off trouble with my hdi, the problem started on sunday morning when i went to start it she just turned over and wouldnt catch so to speak.
iv checked the codes and its comeing up with
maf fault
cam,crank syncronisation
antitheft start something immobalisery
and two codes that came up as un identified codes p1108 and p1109
i cleared the codes, checked live data
had 300bar at the rail on cranking
checked codes again and it came up as the two unidentified codes p1108 p1109

so what im asking is, does anyone know what these two codes are and what you think the problem may be, thanks
Thanks given by:
It'll be cam/crank sync most likely out of those.
Thanks given by:
http://www.bba-reman.com/content.aspx?co...d_metering
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2014, 07:31 PM)vincent1 Wrote: p1108 is maf fault too if i recall correctly the other is probs maf related too imo

iv looked up and found p1109 is a maf code, but the p1108 comes up as a absolute pressure sendor fault,

(07-07-2014, 07:27 PM)Toms306 Wrote: It'll be cam/crank sync most likely out of those.

i reckon your right with that mate, its come up a couple of times but its never affected it,
when i cleared the codes though, wouldnt trying to start again brougth the cam/crank sync code back up??
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2014, 07:38 PM)Chris306 Wrote:
(07-07-2014, 07:31 PM)vincent1 Wrote: p1108 is maf fault too if i recall correctly the other is probs maf related too imo

iv looked up and found p1109 is a maf code, but the p1108 comes up as a absolute pressure sendor fault,

(07-07-2014, 07:27 PM)Toms306 Wrote: It'll be cam/crank sync most likely out of those.

i reckon your right with that mate, its come up a couple of times but its never affected it,
when i cleared the codes though, wouldnt trying to start again brougth the cam/crank sync code back up??

yes ive just modified my post above with the correct link
Thanks given by:
Either the cam or crank sensor have probably failed, sounds as though its been a failing for a bit anyway!

If you're using Pug planet, check the cam/crank sync. The ECU wont fire the injectors until it see's sync between them.
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2014, 07:44 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Either the cam or crank sensor have probably failed, sounds as though its been a failing for a bit anyway!

If you're using Pug planet, check the cam/crank sync. The ECU wont fire the injectors until it see's sync between them.

i know yeah theres the odd thing i need to get sorted before have steve do me a stage 2, i used a snap on solus but im trying to get hold of pug planet, as im changing the cam and crank sensor will i have to check and adjust the sync withing pug planet, as i know the timing is spot on, so wernt o sure if id have to teach the ecu the positons ect
Thanks given by:
You can't adjust the synchronisation, it'll be caused by a faulty sensor circuit.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(07-07-2014, 08:40 PM)Poodle Wrote: You can't adjust the synchronisation, it'll be caused by a faulty sensor circuit.

sorry i didnt mean it like that i meant as in do i need to adapt it in pug planet, ie tell it theres new sensors ect
Thanks given by:
No, stick the new one in, its just plug and play.
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2014, 09:15 PM)Toms306 Wrote: No, stick the new one in, its just plug and play.

Nice one for all the advice lads, I'll post up when I fit them say weather iv got it sorted or not.
Thanks given by:
Just a quick tip - try the cam sensor first, the crank sensor is an ass to get to! lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HDI wont start whitlam222 31 3,304 19-01-2016, 05:00 PM
Last Post: whitlam222
  HDI wont start jaycc 8 1,624 09-07-2015, 05:11 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  car cut out and wont start tuttyboy84 18 1,796 17-02-2015, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Poodle