Fitting window to regulator

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitting window to regulator
I smashed the passenger window on the xud and I'm fitting the new one.

But how does the bottom of the window fit into the regulator clip?

Cheers for any help
Thanks given by:
Ok got the square clip off but how the hell do you get the rubber washer to sit into the hole in the window?!

Bloody French...
Thanks given by:
got a picture? i need a bit of a refresh as i did mine about a year ago. from what i remember i used some wd40 and it made slipping it in easier....Giggedy
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
[Image: gu5uveny.jpg]

[Image: 6ahemaje.jpg]

Best I can do there. It's like a pulley shape. Aaahh bit of lube?! I'll give it a go. I'll try spinning the washer as I press it in too.

Cheers mate
Thanks given by:
Turns out the window didn't need to sit inside the groove, the clip just went back on, the washer acts as a bush
Thanks given by:
Just wondered if when doing this if you had a rubber strip along the guide on the side closest to the front of the car? Mine got ruined the other day when having to fit a new lifter bearing in the hole in the window. If it's actually required as mines working without and don't want a nasty surprise. Just thought I'd ask as you've had a look in yours lately Smile
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
My doors are a bit of a state to be honest. There doesn't seem to be one. Do you mean like a weather strip along the white window guide runner? All my weather proofing was removed so I've had a few issues with rain water in the cabin but the window works fine just attached to the 2 clips and in its runner. Both are a tad wobbly if opened at speed though Sad.
Thanks given by:
I think that's the strip I mean too. I got all bunched up and pulled down with the window when I installed the bung Sad not had any leak issues yet as far as I know [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] all other weather strips are there so fingers crossed
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  N/S front window regulator Smiley69 2 915 21-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  Air regulator Bananalad 3 1,399 12-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Bananalad