Found out why my brakes arent up to scratch

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found out why my brakes arent up to scratch
I suppose so yes, can you buy the clips seperately as i can only find them in kits?
Thanks given by:
Just buy a complete rear fitting kit...
[Image: 65613_10200761612710317_1548698655_n_zps68c27004.jpg]

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:
Oh dear! Confused

Yeah just buy the whole kit lol.
Thanks given by:
Welding wire Wink
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Not being funny, but by the sound of your knowledge and logic, you probably shouldn't be doing the work yourself. You certainly have the wrong attitude for working on such an important safety aspect of your car.
Thanks given by:
You should go on a trackday with it like that, and improve the gene pool.

Darwin ftw.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
[Image: Mcbellend.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2014, 04:30 PM)Curt Wrote: Not being funny, but by the sound of your knowledge and logic, you probably shouldn't be doing the work yourself. You certainly have the wrong attitude for working on such an important safety aspect of your car.

I dont dont the work myself, my dad or uncle does most of the work except for large bits of work I get the garage to do

(07-07-2014, 04:44 PM)cully Wrote: [Image: Mcbellend.jpg]

Very funny....
Thanks given by:

Rofl

Can't believe there's an argument over this, it should be blindingly obvious that you need all your brake pads for the car to be safe to drive. Would you drive it with a tyre missing..??
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(08-07-2014, 08:41 AM)Poodle Wrote:

Rofl

Can't believe there's an argument over this, it should be blindingly obvious that you need all your brake pads for the car to be safe to drive. Would you drive it with a tyre missing..??

Yes its obvious you need all the pads in the calipers of each corner of the car but what i was saying was that a 10 mile trip is not completely unsafe as they are all quiet roads and 60 zones, i had one pad missing from the outside and the inside one was still 1/2 in, the car still braked ok, not 100% but you dont expect that due to the circumstances, fair enough if i had a pad missing from the front of the car I wouldnt be driving the car anywhere until it was fixed, but i knew that the brakes were good enough at the time in any situation to get me that 10 miles
Thanks given by:
If you're aware your pads are falling out, why the feck would you do a 10 mile trip?! regardless of how quiet the roads may or may not be... that would not fly with the po-po!

"Well, the brakes felt alright and the roads were quiet so I thought f*ck it" "Oh well by all means, carry on your way then" I think not..
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-07-2014, 09:02 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: If you're aware your pads are falling out, why the feck would you do a 10 mile trip?! regardless of how quiet the roads may or may not be... that would not fly with the po-po!

"Well, the brakes felt alright and the roads were quiet so I thought f*ck it" "Oh well by all means, carry on your way then" I think not..

Thats because I knew that the brakes still worked well enough, braking wasnt far off what it is now with all pads present and correct in normal braking circumstances, noone else tried my brakes after the incident so to be honest noone can comment saying whether they think the brakes were unsafe or not, at the end of the day the brakes were fine on the way down in the wet and I got back safely with all the pads in
Thanks given by:
Doesnt matter even if its half a mile, you could of killed someone if it fell all the way out, which it wasnt far off.
Thanks given by:
That as the saying goes is "more luck than judgement".

The pad was hanging out the caliper, that IS unsafe whether you think so or not.
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yes I probably was lucky that the car was still braking pretty well at the time, yes maybe another 1, 5, 10, 100 miles down the road I may not have had any pads left in the rear left caliper, but that was not the case, Yes it probably was unsafe but braking was good enough for any situation at that time with one of the rear pads missing
Thanks given by:
omg..........you have enough intelligence I suppose, to know not to put your hand in a fire??

how do you know??

cos your mum or dad says so??

or from personal experience??

loss of brakes for what ever reason could mean that that experience will cost you ( AND OTHER ROAD USERS/PEDESTRIANS/BIKERS ETC ETC ETC ) your life, not to mention a prison sentence ( if you survive the crash that's gunna happen ) that your gunna get when vosa inspect the car!!!!!!!!!!

ok the system is twin circuit ( not sure if its diagonal on these yet cos I aint checked, I know all the braking system is ok, fluid, m/c, pipes, discs, pads, and handbrake system........not to metion servo, pump and the rest if the car ) but you still only have half a brake system if one circuit goes........and I bet you drove at 60 in the 60 limit areas!!!!!

so be told that you where a real first class plonker ( PLONKER ) driving with brakes like that.....knowingly!!!! wreckless incompetence and stupidity!! cos you knew there was a problem!! and yet you still drove the car...........where there lions chasing you at the time?? NO!

think what happens when you put your foot on the brakes.........get your family to learn with you!!

how many times did you have to be told about hands and fire??????????

you've been told about dodgy ( PADS MISSING FFSAKE !!! ) brakes so LISTEN!, understand and inwardly digest, you where lucky nought happened this time......you aint a cat dude, we all only have one life so don't blow it!

I wonder if any cops look at this forum? rant over.
Thanks given by:
Stop spooling crap mate.

You drove an unsafe car....and knew about it.

You were irresponsible. End of.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
ps.......at least your honest enough ( or is that stupid enough, please debate... ) to tell the forum and posted a pic tobboot.......
Thanks given by:
(08-07-2014, 01:43 PM)pug306driver Wrote: omg..........you have enough intelligence I suppose, to know not to put your hand in a fire??

how do you know??

cos your mum or dad says so??

or from personal experience??

loss of brakes for what ever reason could mean that that experience will cost you ( AND OTHER ROAD USERS/PEDESTRIANS/BIKERS ETC ETC ETC ) your life, not to mention a prison sentence ( if you survive the crash that's gunna happen ) that your gunna get when vosa inspect the car!!!!!!!!!!

ok the system is twin circuit ( not sure if its diagonal on these yet cos I aint checked, I know all the braking system is ok, fluid, m/c, pipes, discs, pads, and handbrake system........not to metion servo, pump and the rest if the car ) but you still only have half a brake system if one circuit goes........and I bet you drove at 60 in the 60 limit areas!!!!!

so be told that you where a real first class plonker ( PLONKER ) driving with brakes like that.....knowingly!!!! wreckless incompetence and stupidity!! cos you knew there was a problem!! and yet you still drove the car...........where there lions chasing you at the time?? NO!

think what happens when you put your foot on the brakes.........get your family to learn with you!!

how many times did you have to be told about hands and fire??????????

you've been told about dodgy ( PADS MISSING FFSAKE !!! ) brakes so LISTEN!, understand and inwardly digest, you where lucky nought happened this time......you aint a cat dude, we all only have one life so don't blow it!

I wonder if any cops look at this forum? rant over.

Nice rant.

Considering my dad used to work for Peugeot doing various roles, and my uncle has took apart peugeot 205/306/309/405 + many citroens engines, brake systems, suspension, the lot, they most likely know a lot more than you on how a braking system works as well as a car works.

At the end of the day.... who cares! I couldnt care how much I know about the braking system.... as long as it works and im happy with it. Checked everything over an hour ago and everything is still in place and working fine.

But ffs calm down.... your all getting your knickers twisted over something that has already been sorted!

(08-07-2014, 01:45 PM)Piggy Wrote: Stop spooling crap mate.

You drove an unsafe car....and knew about it.

You were irresponsible. End of.

Im aware that in general you'd think the car was unsafe.

But considering im the only one who knew how well the brakes worked (+ how my car was running at the time) noone can say shit at the end of the day of whether my car was safe or not, as each car differs with problems and how badly the problems effect each car.

Its starting to piss me off that this is all turning into an argument over something thats been dealt with and wasnt an issue when the car brakes were working well!

I knew the brakes were working well enough as the car was still braking almost as good as it has been with the brakes all intact!
Thanks given by:
(08-07-2014, 01:43 PM)pug306driver Wrote: I wonder if any cops look at this forum? rant over.

They do Smile

Give up the arguments guys. I think he's pretty set on thinking he was on the right and I'm sure most of us can see the wrong done but its not really getting through so don't waste your breath/wear on your keyboard Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(08-07-2014, 04:35 PM)Niall Wrote:
(08-07-2014, 01:43 PM)pug306driver Wrote: I wonder if any cops look at this forum? rant over.

They do Smile

Give up the arguments guys. I think he's pretty set on thinking he was on the right and I'm sure most of us can see the wrong done but its not really getting through so don't waste your breath/wear on your keyboard Smile

I do realise I was in the wrong (not in the right) but what im saying is the car was braking almost as well as it was with all the pads intact! And everythings now sorted! Christ people need to calm down!
Thanks given by:
The thing you're missing here, is this: It may well have been braking "enough" at the time for you to say it was fine. The problem arises when the other pad falls out, you now have no brakes at all when you stamp on the pedal to avoid whatever is in front of you. Now, this may not have happened, but it could have and no amount of you saying "it's fine nothing happened" changes anything. As it could have easily ended badly.

People also don't need to know your specific car in person to be able to classify it, quite rightly, as unsafe. As ANY car with pads missing and hanging out, is unsafe.

Yes, this has been said many times now, and is like talking to a brick wall. But anybody else that may read this, needs to know that is not alright to do because the OP did it and didn't die.

Honestly, if you think this is an okay thing to do, then you shouldn't be allowed to own a car.
Thanks given by:
Your right but at the end of the day everythings fine, nothing resulted in having a rear pad missing. Yes it wasnt safe but under the circumstances nothing happened and the brakes were fine in that 10 miles. Yes it would have most likely been a different story if i had no rear brakes but obviously i did have rear brakes still working.
Thanks given by:
your unsafe i wouldnt want my kids in the car with you
your NOT resposible enough for your own safety let alone others

locking thread as its not going anywhere good!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brakes arent very good. Tom 23 5,479 23-03-2014, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Tom