Newbie 306 hdi- looking for more power

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie 306 hdi- looking for more power
Hi all, recently bought a 306 hdi, had it just under a month and thought i would join to see if anyone had any ideas or best tips to see if I can get a few more horses!! I've seen/read about the remaps is this best to start with?
Thanks given by:
Welcome!

Have a good read through the guides section and you should find basically all the information you will need!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2014, 11:11 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Welcome!

Have a good read through the guides section and you should find basically all the information you will need!

Ok cheers!
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum,nice looking hdi you have purchased there Hello
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2014, 11:26 AM)mcvite Wrote: Welcome to the forum,nice looking hdi you have purchased there Hello

Thanks! was abit of a shed before i had it but came up quite well!
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club. Looks like a brilliant example of a 306. To start with you want to be looking at a decat and stage 1 map. A decat is about £50 on ebay and a map is also around £50 for the file.
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2014, 11:35 AM)SRowell Wrote: Welcome to the club. Looks like a brilliant example of a 306. To start with you want to be looking at a decat and stage 1 map. A decat is about £50 on ebay and a map is also around £50 for the file.

Again thanks alot! Cant grumble at the price either paid £450 had 6 months tax and test! Thanks for your help! Smile
Thanks given by:
Is that astor grey??

Looks very clean Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Remap and free flow exhaust is def the best way to go. Makes them way better to drive and mine did a few more mpg's aswell. Smile

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:
Nice car you have there,

Id definately recommend a stage 1 remap, either £50 for the file and about £25 for a KWP200 or cheaper for a Galletto or around £150 to get it done by one of the forum mappers when you take your car to them without any need for devices yourself.

I have a stage 1 remap on my car by itself as well as being slightly stripped out and it makes a hell of a difference!

Decat - another option but its a risk as some MOT stations will accept it and other wont, depends how well you know your MOT tester

Stage 2 - Costs a lot more but worth it for the power gains if you have the money to shell out. For this you need an intercooler, manual boost controller, boost gauge and another remap.

Hope this helps
Thanks given by:
Stg2 will need a clutch unless you go torque limited or Stage1+
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Stage 1+ from jammapic is fairly hard map, mates just got one on his hdi i was very impressed with the torque
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thought diesels didn need cats atall for the test.

Just tested on smoke density.

Thanks given by:
As jimbo said jammapics stage 1+ is very good and having seen the increase in a friends Hdi i shall be investing when i have the money
Thanks given by:
that's true, but if the car had a cat from factory it needs one for mot #daveylennon93
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2014, 09:19 PM)willJspears Wrote: that's true, but if the car had a cat from factory it needs one for mot #daveylennon93

Ahryt sound.

I got through the nct here with just the middle box on it.

Decat is worth it even if you havta put it bak for test. Makes turbo spool way quiker.

Ya could just smash the insides out either, isnt the best but does the job.

Thanks given by:
(26-04-2014, 10:44 PM)daveylennon93 Wrote:
(26-04-2014, 09:19 PM)willJspears Wrote: that's true, but if the car had a cat from factory it needs one for mot #daveylennon93

Ahryt sound.

I got through the nct here with just the middle box on it.

Decat is worth it even if you havta put it bak for test. Makes turbo spool way quiker.

Ya could just smash the insides out either, isnt the best but does the job.

did the lad in the nct centre say anything at all about the decat? Was thinking of decatting mine but think it'll be after the test, thinking ahead for next year!
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys,

Waiting for some more funds to come through then will be having the remap done, and probably de-cat it.

thanks for the help! Smile
Thanks given by:
Hi smart 306 you've got there mate!
Thanks given by:
Depending where you are pal I've got all the kit to upload a map for you Smile, don't even think about doing it just do it Smile
Thanks given by:
howdy, decat is a good option I have recently de catted mine, and it feels better on the loud pedal revs seem to pick up quicker, then as recommended by the fellow 306oc group to me you could check out www.hdi-tuning.co.uk for a ReMAP I believe he is a member on here??
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2014, 11:08 AM)jeano2000 Wrote: Hi all, recently bought a 306 hdi, had it just under a month and thought i would join to see if anyone had any ideas or best tips to see if I can get a few more horses!! I've seen/read about the remaps is this best to start with?

Nice mate

(17-04-2014, 11:08 AM)jeano2000 Wrote: Hi all, recently bought a 306 hdi, had it just under a month and thought i would join to see if anyone had any ideas or best tips to see if I can get a few more horses!! I've seen/read about the remaps is this best to start with?

Cars a great colour mate. You got any plans for it
Thanks given by: