Bad times...now what?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad times...now what?
i call bullshit, if you said you had a dturbo running that kind of mix for 20k id believe you, but not a comonrail system, the oil is too thick for the pressure the fuel is pumped at
Thanks given by:
No wonder the amount of HDi's for sale is quite low lately Wink They're all being wrecked :p
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(09-07-2014, 11:52 PM)sweeney1987 Wrote: i call bullshit, if you said you had a dturbo running that kind of mix for 20k id believe you, but not a comonrail system, the oil is too thick for the pressure the fuel is pumped at

call bullshit all you want, I know its not too thick.

get a 25litre drum half fill it with filtered used oil, fill the rest with diesel, give it a dam good shake and bobs ya uncle!

I understand why some of you are crying over it but when its a £200 car does it really matter?!
Thanks given by:
Seems a bit harsh, what he's doing might not fit in with your way of thinking, but that's no reason to call the guy a liar. :S
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
However - it is true that used engine oil *will* eventually destroy the CR system. It will destroy a VE pump also, it'll last a little longer, but will eventually destroy it, I've seen it done. In VE pumps, the fuel filter no matter how good cannot filter out some particles and will destroy the vane pump inside of them, the pump then cannot produce enough case pressure nor even pick the fuel up from the tank. I also call BS on this because you reckon you've changed the filter once - I remember a friend who used to run it in an XUD9, could manage to drive the 7 miles to work and on the way back, the filter would be so blocked, it'd require a new filter on the way home, otherwise it'd just stall.

It's also the acidity of engine oil that will destroy the seals from the combustion process.

Also lol at the fact you're saying it runs badly on red diesel - it's the same stuff - until about 2/3 years ago it had a lower Biodiesel proportion in it, but these days it is exactly the same stuff, just taxed differently, remember there's brand new tractors with just as modern High Pressure Commonrail systems onboard running on exactly the same fuel, Volvo Penta D3 & D4 engines are the same engine as the Volvo D5 installed in cars and they run happily on cherryade.

Only reason I'm posting this is so that people aren't out there going "this bloke did it and says it's OK" and wanging 50l of the finest tar into their tanks and wondering why after *some* period of time the entire lot is wrecked.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HDi 30-70 Times Toms306 19 5,756 16-02-2013, 09:47 AM
Last Post: DreadDjinn