Tips removing a Thermostat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips removing a Thermostat
Hey guys, you got any tips to remove a thermostat on the TU engine? Anything I should do while it's out and the casing's off?
Thanks given by:
Hammer
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Just knock it out with something.
Paint the casing if you like.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
You need a thermostatical removal tool from peugeot for TU engines, think it's £9.
Thanks given by:
Lol.

Just pull it out with a screwdriver or similar - without breaking anything else!

That's if you're still here to read this anyway. Confused
Thanks given by:
As above, just pull it out. You can test it by boiling it in water.

Might as well flush and renew the coolant while it's off as well if it's been a while.
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2014, 06:53 AM)Shiny Wrote: As above, just pull it out. You can test it by boiling it in water.

Might as well flush and renew the coolant while it's off as well if it's been a while.

Yeah I'm gonna do that and the new one I put in water and that didn't do anything, lol

Left it in for about 20 minutes and nada

Replace it?
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2014, 11:36 PM)JethroJay Wrote:
(07-07-2014, 06:53 AM)Shiny Wrote: As above, just pull it out. You can test it by boiling it in water.

Yeah I'm gonna do that and the new one I put in water and that didn't do anything, lol

Left it in for about 20 minutes and nada

Replace it?

Needs to be hot water.
Thanks given by:
If there's no recoiling of the spring at all, replace it.
There's only a couple of millimetre movement, mind.

Put it on some string and pull it out when it's boiled. Hopefully you'll see it closing again when you pull it out. Easier to see it out of the water.
Thanks given by: