maf problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
maf problem
Hi all I have a 306 hdi. Stage 2 im pretty certain that my maf is packing up seems to be very temperamental. What issues do people get with them? I've tried unplugging it no difference also taken it apart cleaned with contact spray that worked for a day now gone back to what it's been doing. Anyone on stage 2 struggle for cold air feed as im still running standard air box and don't want to put a cone on? Also thought this could be an issue with no real cold air feed to it. Thanks in advance.
Thanks given by:
The standard airbox and intake snorkel will get more cold air to the intake than 99% of aftermarket filters. Maf issues are usually consistent - low power and feels like it takes ages to come on boost. Are you using a knob filter or the standard paper item?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I am still using standard papaer filter atm but will be upgrading. I don't understand where the cold air feed comes from though as it just points at grill. Basically mine feels okay low down power and plant your foot and nothing happens. But then next time I get in and drive or ten mins down the road it could boost really hard how it's supposed to. It has even ran fine from cold. Just doesn't make sense. Unless it could be flyby sensor thing?
Thanks given by:
Stick to the standard filter it flows better and is still a useful filter that doesn't ruin your maf, unlike the unfathomably ever popular K&Nob green pos.

Sounds like either a tps issue or a bad earth somewhere. Both are covered in the guide section iirc.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeh I think it is tps to be honest. I've unplugged maf and made no difference also no smoke. When the car plays up it doesn't smoke only when it's running correct and foot to the metal. So I think I will start with tps first as seem to be a common problem on hdi engines
Thanks given by:
Could still be the maf if you have unplugged it and it made no difference it can't be doing anything.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
If it's no worse when you unplug the maf then the maf is probably dead. That's not to say it's causing the issue you describe though...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Okay guys just an update. As it was bugging me I took it for a spin got it hot then took the pipe off back of maf sprayed contact spray down in let it dry a second put back together and seems good. Not sure how long it will last but atleast it tells me my maf is nakered Smile
Thanks given by: