Crystals fitted!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crystals fitted!
Just fitted my crystals and I love them! Makes the car a whole lot better looking, I need a twin opted stalk though I think. When I turn the lights on only 1 main bulb lights up. I'm guessing to get the second bulb to light up I need the twin optic stalk?
[attachment=17200]
Thanks given by:
Twin optic stalk...

Or see my guide for converting your stalk...just need a soldering iron a bit of patience Smile

Oh, looks so much better by the way!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2014, 07:44 PM)Piggy Wrote: Twin optic stalk...

Or see my guide for converting your stalk...just need a soldering iron a bit of patience Smile

Oh, looks so much better by the way!

Nice guid! Only 1 bulb lights up, it doesn't switch between bulbs it's the same bulb that stays lit on both settings (1st click and 2nd click) is that because I don't have the twin optic or is that an issue
Thanks given by:
Cos you need twin optic mate. You can pick them up from scrappers cheap. They come on the phase 3 and gti6.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Or just relay them from the high beam so it powers both bulbs on high, maybe cheaper/easier than getting the stalk.

I have a stalk though if.needed 10 + postage.
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(28-06-2014, 08:14 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: Cos you need twin optic mate. You can pick them up from scrappers cheap. They come on the phase 3 and gti6.

(28-06-2014, 08:33 AM)Jimbo Wrote: Or just relay them from the high beam so it powers both bulbs on high, maybe cheaper/easier than getting the stalk.

I have a stalk though if.needed 10 + postage.

I'm thinking of following piggys guide of converting it, seems like a really easy job to do Smile
Thanks given by:
Converted my old stalk and the f*cking spring pooped out so now I can't find it haha managed to get a twin optic stalk for £5 from the guy I bought my lights and stuff from Big Grin fitted it all but when I switch it to the second notch not sure if that full beam or what? I only get 1 main bulb light up and the little one above. The only way I can get both of the bigger bulbs to light up is to pull the stalk towards me. Is that normal? Or is something wrong

[attachment=17212]
Thanks given by:
What phase car did the stalk come from
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(28-06-2014, 03:40 PM)Jimbo Wrote: What phase car did the stalk come from

Phase 3
Thanks given by:
They are twin-optics, so one bulb for dipped beam and another for the high beams, so yes that's right. The small bulb is the sidelight and the bulb on in that picture is the dipped beam.

Pulling the stalk towards you turns on high beams. Notice how the bulb that isn't illuminated in your picture is also not masked nor shielded in any way.

Sounds like you've installed it all correctly. Check that your beam level adjustment works as well in case you've fitted the adjusters incorrectly, if you have they'll just point at the floor!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(28-06-2014, 03:52 PM)RetroPug Wrote: They are twin-optics, so one bulb for dipped beam and another for the high beams, so yes that's right. The small bulb is the sidelight and the bulb on in that picture is the dipped beam.

Pulling the stalk towards you turns on high beams.

Oh okay so high beam never stays fully on? It's only on for as long as you pull the stalk?
Thanks given by:
(28-06-2014, 03:55 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(28-06-2014, 03:52 PM)RetroPug Wrote: They are twin-optics, so one bulb for dipped beam and another for the high beams, so yes that's right. The small bulb is the sidelight and the bulb on in that picture is the dipped beam.

Oh okay so high beam never stays fully on? It's only on for as long as you pull the stalk?

Can you not pull the stalk a bit harder and have it stay on?
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2014, 06:44 PM)RetroPug Wrote:
(28-06-2014, 03:55 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:

Can you not pull the stalk a bit harder and have it stay on?

Oh never knew that haha lol just tried it and it works Big Grin
Thanks given by:
lmao
Glad it all seems to be functioning well.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2014, 03:59 PM)RetroPug Wrote: lmao
Glad it all seems to be functioning well.

Yeah haha just me being special lol
Thanks given by:
Looks great buddy Smile
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2014, 11:27 AM)SRowell Wrote: Looks great buddy Smile

Thanks mate Smile
Thanks given by: