Is oil catch can worth getting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is oil catch can worth getting
Hey i was just wondering is a oil catch can worth getting for my gti6 i had been told they are good can anyone help ? Cheers
Thanks given by:
If it's a standard 6 I wouldn't even bother tbh. It will mainly just catch condensation if you do short journeys
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Ive had the timing changed and a 5 plate seramic paddle clutch in and i do long journeys to leeds to winchester couple of times a month issit still worth it ? Or shall i not bother :/
Thanks given by:
Well, again its mostly a condensation catch thing as the oil temp on shorter journies means that atomised oil pops out of the crank case breathers..

most catch cans are ineffective anyway, and on top of that your longer journies dont really necessitate the extra expense..

get a small plastic bottle and fill it with wire wool, stick a breather into it and see how much crud you get out (make a seperate hole in the top so the air can escape more easily and push the pipe right down underneath the wire will ensuring its not blocking the end..)
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Sweet cheers for the info mate Smile herd of a few people that its just good for the engine im not bother about power or anything just thought of getting one just to filter atuff better cause its an old engine haha but i will do the plastic bottle when i go back up to leeds and see how much gunge it picks up thanks again Smile

Sorry if it didnt make sense lol
Thanks given by: