Declaring driving offences on a vetting form?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Declaring driving offences on a vetting form?
Shocked 
Got an interview to work in the police contact centre coming up and they have issued me with a vetting form to fill in beforehand

Attached is what it says about declaring any offences relating to driving

I got a section 171 off the police earlier this year, but didn't get any points or a fine, just a slip of paper and advising that should either me or the car do it again it will be impounded

Is this logged on a CRB/DBS check and do I need to declare it? As I was not detained, didn't go to the police station and wasn't read the thing 'you do not have to say anything' etc

Making sure I'm fully honest with them so any advice is much appreciated

Also this is not a thread to question why I got a 171, we've all done things we aren't supposed to but some of us get caught :/

Thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
I don't know what a Form 171 is, but if you weren't read your rights then you weren't arrested, but I don't know whether the giving of the form would constitute a caution.

Either put it down just in case - better to be completely honest, in many cases missing information from the form would be considered worse than the potential crime (at least it was when I was involved in security vetting) - or try and speak to the person who have you the vetting form and ask for clarification as to whether it's required.
Thanks given by:
potentially fraud, willfully holding information about previous convictions..

when i got my CU80 i was cautioned on the side of the road, even tho its a fixed penalty fine and 3points..

out of interest, what is a section 171?
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
You have received a caution haven't you? Then write it down, not sure why this is even a question tbh, says right there in black and white...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I was under the impression you had to go to the police station for a caution to be issued?
Thanks given by:
No, you can be officially cautioned at the side of the road, dependant on the offense, I had my rights read to me there and then.

Still what's a section 171?
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Yep can be done at the side of the road

I got two section 59s and that was at the side of the road
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Two 59? Lol lucky bigger.. one of my mates let his mate drive hiss offroader illegally.. his mate didn't tell him he had a sec59, got caught again somewhere he shouldn't been and he had his mates car impounded...

Didn't realise that the notice follows both you and the vehicle. And the police round here take on the second offense
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Yes absolutely - you should put that down - honesty is absolutely the best policy.

It says - "Have you been ... [convicted] ... for any offence by any UK/Foreign Police/Law Enforcement" .... "This includ.es [Road Traffic Offences (Not including Parking)]...."

I know a 171 isn't a parking offence - 30 seconds on google will find out for anyone who is genuinely interested, I'll leave it up to the OP if he wants to say. So therefore YES you SHOULD put that down.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Section 171? Temporary licence to excavate a highway? how is that relevant?

Also you can be cautioned any time, anywhere, if an officer suspects your involvement in an offence he should read you your rights (god i hate that american term) but its the old "you do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court and anything you do say may be given in evidence"

However to receive an official police caution (usually for a first minor offence) it is because you have admitted an offence and the police have evidence to prove you guilty but don't send you to court to get punished in any other way.

Anyway with regards to declaring stuff for vetting declare EVERYTHING if you aren't sure, they don't expect you to be whiter than white and understand that people are done for minor traffic offences all the time. It looks alot better if you declare something they aren't interested in than not declaring it and them finding it and you looking like you lied.

I had to declare I'd been the subject of 2 police investigations on my last vetting form. One for cycling without due care and attention and one for driving without due care and attention.
Thanks given by:
yeah i had a google,. seems there are a few S171s, pretty sure i found the right one..

and i agree about the putting that down.,..

this isnt a job for tesco mate, never try to bullshit the bullshitter so to speak.. it WILL end badly.
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(28-06-2014, 08:16 PM)toseland Wrote: yeah i had a google,. seems there are a few S171s, pretty sure i found the right one..

and i agree about the putting that down.,..

this isnt a job for tesco mate, never try to bullshit the bullshitter so to speak.. it WILL end badly.

If it's the one that I just saw on legislation(dot)gov(dot)uk I would agree with you. It could be considered serious. In all honesty I would put anything and everything down just to be safe. Police would find it the easiest to do any kind of background checks so just be safe and mention it. If it doesn't matter or isn't a big deal they'll Ignore it.
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A new form of street racing Pete 13 2,857 06-06-2013, 11:09 AM
Last Post: Matt
  Declaring modifications cwspellowe 65 17,416 07-03-2013, 03:07 PM
Last Post: cwspellowe