Your opinions please

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your opinions please
Ive been offered to deliver chinese on saturdays from 6 until 10, its £5 an hour plus £1 something each drop and obviously you can get tips. I could do with the extra cash but I dont want to kill my car, whats your opinions?
[Image: e0d4ac7c-727f-46a8-ae0c-d4a324a8a667_zpsyn3ibroz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Deliveries will kill your car. It will also be unpleasant in a lowered vehicle if there are a lot of speedbumps in your area (I'm in London so you can only guess :roll: )

Source: Me who did Pizza Hut for 3 years
Thanks given by:
I do this for a living it's my main source of income, it does kill cars with out a doubt, but depends on how busy you will be and if your gonna be over bumps alot in my old french cars I regularly killed back axles with all the bump's my 106 went through 4 wish bones, 3 back axles, all 4 shocks etc if your car is lowered makes it even harder, in my new car the vento I do scrape on bumps fairly often but the car is taken to it well and is way more reliable than the old french tin cans Wink cash wise if your busy you can make very decent wage on it, it isn't uncommon to walk away with £50/60 a night (Friday/sat) but you do get exceptions with crazy nights I've seen over £100 before, just depends on what business is like.

Make sure you have business insurance on your car I've been pulled several times for this and they always seem supprised when they find out I've got it, couple of drivers from my place have had there cars taken off them fined points etc really not worth the risk.

Thanks given by:
Insurance depends on who you are working. As it sounds like the local take away you will need it.

Pizza Hut insured me while I was working.
Thanks given by:
(28-06-2014, 01:37 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Insurance depends on who you are working. As it sounds like the local take away you will need it.

Pizza Hut insured me while I was working.

Yer big companies normally provide it, but not your local Chinese or if you find one that does you'll be very lucky cos in my 6/7 years doing this and the many places I've worked not one of them has provided insurance.

Thanks given by:
No they dont, I dont think im going to do it tbh, 1) I dont want to kill my car 2) My insurance is already ridiculous as im only 19 so wouldnt be able to afford business insurance and wouldnt want to risk my car getting impounded or whatever they do.
[Image: e0d4ac7c-727f-46a8-ae0c-d4a324a8a667_zpsyn3ibroz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
just get another key so you can leave it running and locked while you deliver? . . .take it you're talking about all the turning the engine on and off? . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I did it last year not a bad job fair money but kills cars

You need business insurance if you get caught without it your driving without proper insurance and will be prosecuted
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
The takeaways in bradford mostly used toyota aygo things no doubt for the mpg and tax, despite them being pretty new so many of them sounded like arse when being driven or idling. possibly from poor servicing or maybe the task at hand was too much for them
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(28-06-2014, 02:57 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: just get another key so you can leave it running and locked while you deliver? . . .take it you're talking about all the turning the engine on and off? . .Smile

That shouldn't really hurt it...after all new cars come with stop-start... It wont help the battery though tbf. And things like the clutch aren't gonna be keen on lots of town driving. Plus mpg will be pretty poor obviously.

I personally don't think it's worth it, I did look into it a couple of years ago. But obviously up to you, Lewis.

(28-06-2014, 03:04 PM)lolsteve Wrote: The takeaways in bradford mostly used toyota aygo things no doubt for the mpg and tax, despite them being pretty new so many of them sounded like arse when being driven or idling. possibly from poor servicing or maybe the task at hand was too much for them

Its a 3 cyclinder engine, they all sound a bit shit lol, even brand new, think they call it a 'thrummy' note. lol
Thanks given by:
£5 an hour? Minimum wage is £6.3* something iirc sounds dodgey to me, wouldn't bother
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeh wouldn't bother mate. IG I was doing deliveries probably the best car to do it in would be a 106 NAD as you can park it stupid and epic mpgs.
Thanks given by:
I cant see how anyone ever makes it pay, i wouldnt ever bother

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(28-06-2014, 06:22 PM)SRowell Wrote: Yeh wouldn't bother mate. IG I was doing deliveries probably the best car to do it in would be a 106 NAD as you can park it stupid and epic mpgs.

106 nads are great for it but as I put in post further up they fall to bits quick lol

(28-06-2014, 07:29 PM)puglove Wrote: I cant see how anyone ever makes it pay, i wouldnt ever bother

Easy to make it pay I have for the last 6/7 years but to be fair now I'm starting a family I will struggle, just depends on your out goings etc I live in a rented house with my fiancée so bills do get split 50/50 and I've always had money spare every month, I built the 205 with my spare money and that had over 1k in it, you can make it pay just have to keep your out goings to a minimum, cheap to run car, cheap insurance etc, but as said soon as I can I'm moving away from it need a day time job soon as possible really

Thanks given by:
I don't know what you were doing Chris but I never had to replace that many parts in my time doing it.

(28-06-2014, 05:50 PM)Connor Wrote: £5 an hour? Minimum wage is £6.3* something iirc sounds dodgey to me, wouldn't bother

Only over 21.
Thanks given by:
(28-06-2014, 07:48 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: I don't know what you were doing Chris but I never had to replace that many parts in my time doing it.

(28-06-2014, 05:50 PM)Connor Wrote: £5 an hour? Minimum wage is £6.3* something iirc sounds dodgey to me, wouldn't bother

Only over 21.

Maybe I needed to slow down abit over the bump's Wink but to be fair there's alot of bumps were I deliver, I've scraped floor a good 10 times tonight so far think I'll be lifting the car after shows Undecided

Thanks given by:
(28-06-2014, 01:31 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Make sure you have business insurance on your car I've been pulled several times for this and they always seem supprised when they find out I've got it, couple of drivers from my place have had there cars taken off them fined points etc really not worth the risk.
Yep this totally. No business use is just as bad as no insurance at all and its the same 6 points, £300 fine, car seized £150 to get the car back plus £20 a day storage plus ridiculous insurance increases for the next 5 years.

(28-06-2014, 02:10 PM)LewisG Wrote: My insurance is already ridiculous as I'm only 19 so wouldn't be able to afford business insurance.
You say that I know of a lad who recently had his car seized for delivering takeaway without business insurance and when he called his insurance company (Admiral I believe) they actually took nearly a grand off his premium to add business use. It seems for a 19 year old business is actually lower risk than SDP, I guess its because you wont be dicking about with mates in the car if your "working"
Thanks given by: