Transit connect...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transit connect...
Looking at a transit connect needs a turbo so its going cheep, anyone had one? what the opinion on them?
Thanks given by:
make sure its not been limited like our work vans other than that they fly
ours seems to eat clutch's but i dont think the workforce has much mechanical sympathy its on its second clutch @70k 3 year old van
Thanks given by:
What mpg do you get out of them in the real world?
Thanks given by:
no idea i just mat it cause it limited it does show 35mpg on the trip evrytime i reset it
Thanks given by:
horrible things, would rather a french van.
Thanks given by:
Don't like the weird fly-by-wire throttle they've got,Or the lack of storage in the cabin (The Partner/Berlingo has cubby holes and cup holders everywhere Big Grin ) Heard they are quite thristy too! That said they look the part lowered on nice wheels.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
What year? I had a 2004 TDDi that returned around 400-450 per tank. Pretty average for a small van.

If it's a later TDCi the injectors are a common issue.
Thanks given by:
My 307 has fly by wire and i find is not noticeable any more

Its a 55 plate, i am intrested in one of the new Peugeot/Citroen vans with the limited slip diff and 3 seats up front, so i can use it off road but im going to wreck whatever i get so it must be cheep. im also sick of other drivers denting the side of my car so im getting something they will be scared parking next too...
Thanks given by:
TDCis are the naff Delphi CR system - really shit, VERY common for injectors just to fail like the Mk3 Mondeos.

TDDis are pretty reliable, if a little slow...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I agree with welshpug (hahahahahahaha rare occasion, someone get cake!)

They are rustbuckets, same as full size transits. Designed to last 3-5 years reliably (lease periods really).
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
My old one on Mondeo alloys lowered about 70mm. ..........

[Image: sale002.jpg]

I have a 2013 Berlingo now and must admit it's a much better van.
Thanks given by:
Are transit connect good? My dad has a 2008 transit which is really good, i got to get a van for my secruity job which im starting in july, the mpg ia good from a full tank he got 587mpg but my 306 got 517mpg... Im wondering how much space could i get in the back of i had got a dog cage in there i know that it depends on what type of cage i get.. but wondering what are the good ppints and the bad points.. btw im driving a ex police mondeo for the time being so my 306 will be of the road next week for 8 months..
[Image: Cropped%20pic.png]
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
Might need to recalculate your mpg figures there mate... Rofl If you think the standard transit is any good you'll probably like the connect.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Wish I could get 587mpg. Sad Bloody thirsty HDis....

But on topic, not sure if you're bothered by it, but I've been told they're pretty poorly specced, not even electric windows/mirrors afaik. The guy I bought the Vec from had one and was moaning about it for about half an hour. lol
Thanks given by:
Lol tom, anyway decided to get a connect as it is big enough gor the dog cage.. might get the st version..
[Image: Cropped%20pic.png]
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mk7 transit engine or conversuon to ?? Chris306 8 1,614 16-09-2015, 10:14 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  Ford transit drivers? NP306 12 3,105 23-05-2013, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Chris1357
  Transit Drift Bus lols darrenjlobb 17 4,923 31-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Last Post: sweeney1987