New car....Volvo S70 2.5 Turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New car....Volvo S70 2.5 Turbo
Video 
So here's my new wagon

[Image: cb00f9d90cec9af24a669b129f76398d_zps86577874.jpg]
[Image: 52bf5a4973630481ba69061604583cad_zpsde61f8a8.jpg]

It's a 2.5 Turbo 5 cylinder engine producing 193 bhp. It's so a fair amount of grunt from any revs.
Fully loaded model so is a great step up for a daily.

What do we think?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
me likes... lowered, medusa alloys from the V50, the 18inch ones with the 235/45/r18s and a nice stainless exhaust will be a great start..

one of the local mechanics has the V70R with this engine, and its just over 500bhp at his last dyno session, i think its AWD and it absolutely motors.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
I know I'm getting on a bit, but I do like Volvos...my in laws both have V70 D5s which are beautiful cars and don't hang about, so I can only imagine what yours is like.
Thanks given by:
Did it break down already? What an odd place to park! Tongue

Must admit I'm not a fan, though I'm sure it's quick!
Thanks given by:
Saw this earlier! Looks sweet, a great start! Hope it doesn't stay too standard! Smile
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Volvo fweeend! Love S70s - last of the proper boxy ones - needs slammage.

Be warned with that motor though! They've got a bit of a reputation of cracking the liners in the block when pushing the power levels up - they're a relatively exotic design for their time, but with the increase in bore of the 2.5 engine, they got a little thin between the bores and can crack - the Focus ST has a reputation for it as does the V70R which is based on the same block.

But thankfully the later 2.4 T5 ME7 engine is cheap and plentiful and goes straight in.... With a 2871R or similar, would be a monster!

[Image: low1.jpg]
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Its shit, nobody cares.
Thanks given by:
these make cracking sleepers!
Thanks given by:
Its a bit.....

Dare I say...

Grandadish? Confused
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Is it FWD?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Yep - pretty much everything past the 850 is.

Bar the S90/V90 but they're insanely rare!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ah that sucks heavily.

340's ftw then.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
What happened to the 306?
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2014, 12:11 PM)Frosty Wrote: What happened to the 306?

Nothing Smile It's for sale!
Thanks given by:
Ruan- I've got some bad ideas for the thing but it's so nice just as is. Although I may straight pipe it at the weekend as these 5 pots sound amazing!
The most id do is a remap but even they are silly more compared to what I'm used to as a "remap" in the old French scrotts.
It pulls really nice and has power from any RPM.

I had the best drive into work in quiet comfort blasting out some Classic FM watching the fuel gauge drop and looking like a yob who's borrowed his grandads volvo because his Corsa's having a body kit fitted.
Super happy with it though, so much car for the money.

Does anyone know about fitting a normal CD player? It's got the stock one but I only really use my phone.
I heard something about an aux plug which can plug into a CD changer insert at the back?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
We hacked the backbox off my mates v70 T5 when he had it and my god it is THE best sound I think I've heard...
Thanks given by:
Had an 850se 2.5 10v motor was going to see how it went before getting a t5 loved everything about it 25mpg tops was a downer £90 every 4 days to fill it. And believe me you can't go putting £10 of fuel in it doesn't last! Needed the good stuff too to get 25mpg! Gutted the box out and put a small sports exhaust and it roared nice off throttle burble to!
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
The D5 has a nice sound to it as well, but it used to get 50+ mpg on longer trips.

I'm tempted to get one as my next set of wheels, they're like comfy armchairs that move like a scalded cat !
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2014, 09:06 PM)strictly_perv Wrote: Ruan- I've got some bad ideas for the thing but it's so nice just as is. Although I may straight pipe it at the weekend as these 5 pots sound amazing!
The most id do is a remap but even they are silly more compared to what I'm used to as a "remap" in the old French scrotts.
It pulls really nice and has power from any RPM.

I had the best drive into work in quiet comfort blasting out some Classic FM watching the fuel gauge drop and looking like a yob who's borrowed his grandads volvo because his Corsa's having a body kit fitted.
Super happy with it though, so much car for the money.

Does anyone know about fitting a normal CD player? It's got the stock one but I only really use my phone.
I heard something about an aux plug which can plug into a CD changer insert at the back?

have a look for tranzIt blu mate.. dont know if they do them in the UK yet but they are great..

http://www.isimplesolutions.com/product.aspx?zpid=542

they actually plug into the FM wire, and, when activated, hijack this connection and cut off the outside signals getting in.. just as good as the little broadcast things but doesnt ever get interfered with.makes a great hands free kit too as it comes with a little mic, and can connect anything with blutooth to it, i think also some models come with an aux in, as well.

we had the V50 and the CD player was all integrated.. there was an aux connection on the back of sorts for something volvo had fitted but because it had the dash mounted 6cd changer it was a pain to integrate anything to..

if i had known about things like the tranzIt blu before i would have bought one instantly
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Always had a soft spot for old volvo turbos Smile this one is lovely :p
Thanks given by:
Thanks those land I'll look into it.

I had a little 30mph to 1xxmph with my friends cammed, fully stripped XSI boxed, caged, 1.6 16v 106 last night and have to say there was very very little in it. He just had the edge but it was pretty damn even.
We also drilled the air box for some boost noise.. Straight pipe needed but it's got a fat one box unit after the car bang in the middle of the car.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Any updates with this?? Smile
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I heard there was a decat in the pipeline..

Pipeline.. I'll get my coat lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
hmmmmmmmmmmmm nahhhhh. Looks interesting slammed but... cant excited over it im afraid!
Thanks given by:
I love it!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I like volvos! Looked at a drivE v70 when choosing a daily and thought it was excellent. Free to tax as well!
Mate had an old t5 saloon, not sure what engine it has in it but it was yellow and shifted.
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Love these, although the 850 is better looking, and it has to be a wagon Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo BMW 325ti Compact/Volvo V50/C30 D5 RA306 7 2,748 21-06-2017, 09:31 AM
Last Post: RA306
  Volvo XC90 D5 SE Manual (V50 for sale) Anton 85 24,891 09-11-2016, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Anton
  Epic Volvo Addition Ruan 20 5,877 15-06-2014, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31