peugeot planet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
peugeot planet
what would be the minimum requirement ( speed, processor, leads etc etc etc ) needed to run Plant Peugeot on a lap top. I dont have a lap top or pp yet ( or a code reader for that matter ) yet and need your advise.

the car is a 306 2 liter hdi estate 1999/2000 ( phase 3? )

all help etc greatly appreciated, brilliant siteHeart
Thanks given by:
if it will run xp then it will do
Thanks given by:
Just be aware that Microsoft are no longer providing updates for the XP operating system as of April this year and require you to upgrade (if your computer can take it - my base unit does not - quel f*cking surprise!) so i would suggest going with a decent laptop running windows 8 or higher....
Thanks given by:
thank you thank you thank you dudes........I take it the 1999/2000 is a phase 3?

and what leads would I need to plug the car to the computer?? pin out diagram of whats on what pin in the fusebox ( cabin ) diagnistics plug?

I havent got the laptop yet....or pp for that matter, are there different versions of pp?
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2014, 05:57 PM)Mattinthehat Wrote: Just be aware that Microsoft are no longer providing updates for the XP operating system as of April this year and require you to upgrade (if your computer can take it - my base unit does not - quel f*cking surprise!) so i would suggest going with a decent laptop running windows 8 or higher....

Err...have you got PP running on win8? Confused

XP is best for it, I got a cheap used laptop for PP, Galletto, VAGCOM etc and it handles it fine.

You get the cables in the box with PP.....make sure you buy that and not just the software.

Also, '99 will be phase 3 yes.
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2014, 03:31 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(23-06-2014, 05:57 PM)Mattinthehat Wrote: Just be aware that Microsoft are no longer providing updates for the XP operating system as of April this year and require you to upgrade (if your computer can take it - my base unit does not - quel f*cking surprise!) so i would suggest going with a decent laptop running windows 8 or higher....

Err...have you got PP running on win8? Confused

XP is best for it, I got a cheap used laptop for PP, Galletto, VAGCOM etc and it handles it fine.

You get the cables in the box with PP.....make sure you buy that and not just the software.

Also, '99 will be phase 3 yes.

No not yet im waiting for my laptop to come back from repair.. i take it its a pain then...bugger
Thanks given by:
Its a pain to install anyway lol. But it just doesn't seem to work on win8 properly....
Thanks given by:
As Tom says, doesn't really work on windows 8 for the most part, even in backwards compatibility mode. You don't need to update xp to run the program and ideally you want the internet disabled anyway so pp2k isn't knobbled by auto-updates.

Lets hope he hasn't already spent the money, eh Matt. When someone is relying on the information from the thread and is liable to spend a large amount of money on your advice, maybe it's best not to post if you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
It was designed for XP, use it on XP. The updates are only really for security so just don't connect it to the net if its a car only laptop
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
thanks for the heads up, will tackle this problem nearer the time.......brilliant forumHeart
Thanks given by:
Will only work with xp, unless you make a virtual machine with xp inside. Computer speed makes no difference to how slow the software is but it will take a long time to install on a slower machine.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2014, 08:31 AM)pro_steve Wrote: Will only work with xp, unless you make a virtual machine with xp inside. Computer speed makes no difference to how slow the software is but it will take a long time to install on a slower machine.

Works fine on Vista and windows 7/8 too, faster if anything once you know how to install it correctly, no virtual machine
Thanks given by:
Don't suppose you fancy explaining how to install it properly..? Would be very useful to know, having to use it on xp is a pita as some of my other software won't work with xp as it's too old.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
For me it just straight up installed normally on vista and 7 with no issues at all, windows 8 does take some fiddling though unless you have a 32 bit version, it doesn't like 64 bit windows 8 but can be made to work
Thanks given by:
Can you get pp for windows 8
Thanks given by:
Interesting, what version of PP2000 was that?
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  peugeot planet? JTaylor2005 2 943 29-05-2015, 10:11 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  anyone got planet? rd070707 2 1,082 09-07-2013, 01:12 PM
Last Post: rd070707