Xud conversion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xud conversion?
Thumbs Up 
Yo everyone, just a quick one. Got a 1.9 straight d s reg 306, I'm after someone to put a dturbo engine in for me. I've yet to get the engine etc but just looking to price it up? I'm in South Yorkshire. I have actually got teddys old 106 xud conversion (gearbox prob atm) not sure if it would be the option to swap them?

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Its not all that tricky...

If you got some basic tools and a crane you could so it yaself
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It really is pretty simple on the XUD9, as long as you aren't swapping between phases as some of the plugs (like oil pressure sensor) are different but its nothing a soldering iron won't fix. Really the engine only needs 2 wires to run and is only held in by 3 bolts (and the exhaust, fuel lines and wiring)
Thanks given by:
To be honest I'm pretty much not mechanically minded at all haha, I'm only a shop lad :p haven't got the correct tools or knowledge. I'd love to swap the 106 engine but it's just something I won't be able to do..
Thanks given by:
Not sure if sambarker still does mechanical work but he'd probably be able to do it in a day.
Thanks given by:
I'm guessing all I would need is the xud engine? Any engine mounts or exhausts etc different?
Thanks given by:
shout Danny2009 . . . . .he's local and can do it . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by: