OPINIONS ON FMIC's

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OPINIONS ON FMIC's
Heard a lot about FMIC's but also heard they can be a lot of hassle on the HDI engines.

just wondered what experiences other users had with these?

thanks
Thanks given by:
Amount of hassle it is all depends on you tbh. Put the time and effort into doing it properly and don't abuse it and she should be fine for the foreseeable future. Main issue it causes is back pressure, but that can be fixed with a suitable turbo.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Thanks mate, was thinking of a hybrid turbo? As my mate got one for his HDI and never got round to fitting it and wrote his car off.

yeah i would defo put the effort in like, no point in doing something if its not done right. Smile
Thanks given by:
Better off just using an oem one imo, can get gt17s and 20s pretty cheap on ebay if you're patient. Have a search around this section and the project section for better info about the best ones, but a good rule of thumb is to stick to something diesel with more power than the hdi.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(03-07-2014, 08:58 PM)Poodle Wrote: Better off just using an oem one imo, can get gt17s and 20s pretty cheap on ebay if you're patient. Have a search around this section and the project section for better info about the best ones, but a good rule of thumb is to stick to something diesel with more power than the hdi.

Yeah cheers mate, al have a look around the net and on here see what I can come up with. Smile
Thanks given by: