fed up of engine.. need new engine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fed up of engine.. need new engine
So i am about to start putting bits together for an upgrade,

my first question, as i cant decide wheether i want a 'd11 or a 'd9 in the vehicle would be..

is the bottom end the same as my oil pan/sump is different, and hence i need to change them..

how much taller is the engine

its going in an offroader so torque would be good but i also want some "fun pedal" action.. how much different are the characteristics..

aside from that is it simply a case of switching the semi ecu-mechanical pump over if i get one? (and some other ancilliaries etc)
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Sumps are different. XUD11 is a alloy baffled sump and rather large.

It is quite a bit taller yes. And deeper. And heavier.

However its torqueyer and I would think would suit a 4x4 more due to its lazy power supply. Its not rev hungry, just pulls, hard.

Yup, just wack a bosch on it, has same gearbox bolt pattern and in/out for coolant.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Sump is irrelevant as like I said before the sump on a commercial is shaped to fit over the front diff, as is the oil pump
Thanks given by:
You might need to change oil pump if you do use an XUD11, at least change the pickup hooter for the XUD9 one - think it sits at a different height in the sump.

Deck is a few mill higher on the XUD11, however most of the room is taken up with the head, it's huge as it's a 12v with roller rockers and cam carrier - just generally huge, I'd make sure you can fit it under the bonnet - only reason they fit well in a 306 is due to the fact the 306 mounts are low enough due to the intercooler on top of an XUD9.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(17-06-2014, 10:32 PM)Sambarker Wrote: Sump is irrelevant as like I said before the sump on a commercial is shaped to fit over the front diff, as is the oil pump

thats what i meant, i meant the shape of the mating face of the sump to the block itself (if its the same andi could get away with swapping it straight i would)
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  N/A head on a Turbo engine=Bad idea or not? johnny625 3 1,660 19-11-2022, 05:44 PM
Last Post: johnny625
  Xud9 coolant pipes at rear of engine Donny165 1 1,530 17-05-2020, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Peugeot 306 7a.c.s Hatchback 2001 1.9 WJZ engine code rotjuh77 0 1,094 29-07-2019, 10:55 AM
Last Post: rotjuh77