Sluggish xu10j4rs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sluggish xu10j4rs
My xsara vts just feels abit flat sometimes and.doesn't pick up like I think it should any ideas?
Thanks given by:
How do you drive it? (if you get what I'm saying). The torque band doesn't come in until about 4k. Under that they're not really that quick.
Thanks given by:
Likely to be a sensor issue, perhaps a dying TPS or lambda.

That or maybe it could do with a good service? When were plugs last changed?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Is it bogging down, and does it go away once it is up to temperature?
If there are flat spots in acceleration at low revs it could be the TPS or the CTS, especially if it goes away once warmed up.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
It feels.intermittent and some.times when I'm in neutral you rev it and just revs up like.a 1.2 then other times revs up real nice
Thanks given by:
Cts or lambda is my bet.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Cts? Coolant temp?
Thanks given by:
Yep Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Ah cool thanks for the info guys
Thanks given by:
Does it clear once the car is up to temperature?
Normally bogging down when cold is due to the car running too lean for the lower temperatures, which is either the coolant temperature sensor (you guessed correctly), or possibly the throttle position sensor (TPS) not reading correctly when you're at part throttle.

It is possible to test these sensors with a multimeter for correct voltages etc.

Sometimes an idle control valve (ICV) on its way out makes the car bog down and low throttle and when rolling in gear.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Had the cambelt done recently?!

Seen so many J4RSs perform like dogs after a cambelt change due to them not knowing how to set the timing correctly...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I don't know about the timing belt but as it's not a consistent problem I wouldn't of thought it was that and how do I test them?
Thanks given by:
Right had the snapon ethos connected up to do some live data and all sensors are performing ok apart from the second lambda sensor is showing 0.00 but I wouldn't of thought that would be causing the sluggishness as it's just a diagnosis sensor not linked to mixture?
Thanks given by:
There's only one lambda sensor that's why.
Thanks given by:
2 mate I've seen them with my.own eyes

Post cat and pre cat

Might add the engine Is actually in.a xsara vts but it can't be much diff same engine code and all
Thanks given by:
The engine management is different on Phase 2 Xsara VTS's compared to the earlier Phase 1 Xsara's and 306's. It's multiplex with 3 plugs on the ECU and amongst other things has two lambda's as mentioned.

The 2nd lambda is there to check the performance of the CAT - fuelling is controlled by the 1st lambda.

The basic engine is fundementally the same though, as are the majority of the sensors.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
So the second lambda fault wouldn't cause my sluggish running?
Thanks given by:
It could be depending on how these ECUs work. Most with 2 lambdas purely use the second one to see if the cat is working and if not flag up a fault. Others if they detect the cat isn't working then they will still try to correct the emissions as much as possible.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
It's a 4 wire one if that makes any difference
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2014, 04:59 PM)sherman306 Wrote: It's a 4 wire one if that makes any difference

Nope. Just means its heated with a proper earth
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XU10J4RS Idle AFR jammapic 8 2,950 14-10-2013, 12:24 PM
Last Post: jammapic
  Car feeling very sluggish Niall 36 8,832 23-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Foxy-jim
  The XU10J4RS Manual Scott 5 6,159 29-12-2011, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Scott