206 and 306

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
206 and 306
apart from the 206 engine bay being smaller is the 2.0 hdi the exact same engine as in the 306 e,g, can you use either if the engine is blown?
Thanks given by:
Auxiliaries vary and need sapping but apart from that your good also early 307 are same too. Rep is welcome Wink
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
sapping? sorry not sure what that means

thanks for the fast reply (btw not sure how to rep)
Thanks given by:
swapping

Be careful with the 307 mind, there were some minor changes.

But easy swap if you are taking the 306 hdi engine and putting in the 206. Take both engines out, side by side, swap whats needed, and plonk back in!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
ok thanks for the help more the other way around though im after a 306 but there seem more 206 hdi engines closer to me e.g. lower mileage newer engines

as im watching a few spares or reapirs on ebay around £200-300 and engines are 100-200 so 500 and i should have half a car lol
Thanks given by:
So you need a HDi engine for a 306?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
i havent bought a car yet 306 hdi's seem to be scarce around me there all above £1000 which is probably to be expected my insurance is up in september and ive decided i want a 306.

theres a few cars near me (non runners) so im pricing up a broken car and a engine seperately my brothers a mechanic and im not too bad (i just dont like wiring) so as i have the time and space im looking at building a car rather than spending £500 more for a runner

seems very long winded but if it saves money gives me something to do and i have the satisfaction of knowing i can fit a stage 2 clutch and new belts as i go along it should set me up for a stage 2 come next year
Thanks given by:
I've got a decent 206 2.0 HDi for sale....why go for the 306 when you can have all the toys, cheaper tax and less weight. Wink

But as for the engine, the actual block/head is the same as the 306 but there are other differences. Depends whats actually broken and how much needs swapping....
Thanks given by:
i have a 206 1.1 atm first car and its ok but im 6'3' and its a little small also dont like only being able to have 3 passengers as my seat is so far back

plus my brother is having my car so i dont want the same car as him Smile dont get me wrong i love the 206 just want a change

cheaper tax?

(14-06-2014, 08:55 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I've got a decent 206 2.0 HDi for sale....why go for the 306 when you can have all the toys, cheaper tax and less weight. Wink

But as for the engine, the actual block/head is the same as the 306 but there are other differences. Depends whats actually broken and how much needs swapping....

i have a 206 1.1 atm first car and its ok but im 6'3' and its a little small also dont like only being able to have 3 passengers as my seat is so far back

plus my brother is having my car so i dont want the same car as him Smile dont get me wrong i love the 206 just want a change

cheaper tax?
Thanks given by:
Yes it is an awful seating position lol, and the steering colomn catching your foot when you steer with the clutch down is annoying too haha! lol Then again, I don't find the 306 seating position great either, though the pedals are better.

Tax prices for HDis:

306 HDi up to X reg - £230
306 HDi Y reg onwards - £145
206 HDi ('02, not sure if it differs) - £130
Thanks given by:
wow is that a year ? my 1.1 is £140 for 12 months atm
Thanks given by:
Yes its a year, would be a bit excessive for 6 months! lol

Avoid the pre-Y reg HDi if you do go for a 306 imo...remember tax goes on the car rather the engine when you swap, even if you use a newer 206 engine.
Thanks given by:
thanks for the advice ill be looking a y or later for that tax saving thanks
Thanks given by:
No worries. Smile
Thanks given by:
206's rust and beams die for fun.
Thanks given by:
So no different to a 306 then? Wink
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2014, 07:29 AM)welshpug Wrote: 206's rust and beams die for fun.

i'd buy another 206 for how cheap they are

just want a change a 306 i think will be the better choice else a golf but fir £1k itd be hard to find one that wasnt nearly dead
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2014, 07:32 AM)Toms306 Wrote: So no different to a 306 then? Wink

no, far far worse, as they're much newer.

golfs are overpriced

buy a xsara.
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2014, 04:39 PM)welshpug Wrote:

golfs are overpriced

buy a xsara.

they f-ugly i mean a little bit of a sacrfice on the aesthetics is ok in return for a cheaper, newer car but who on earth thought that design was nice even when new? :I
Thanks given by:
Rofl

Tru dat! How long are you likely to have the car? If it's only a year or so it's probably not worth paying the premium for a post y-reg car.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(15-06-2014, 04:39 PM)welshpug Wrote:

golfs are overpriced

buy a xsara.

Where do they rust then? Mines a 52 plate with no rust anywhere! Confused Despite the fact they still don't have full arch liners!

Golfs are better, but not better enough for the price they still hold....and one around a grand will be shit lol. But the parts are worth more if it went tits up and you had to break....injectors and 6sp gearbox fetch £400 between them easy! HDi injectors and gearbox more like £50 lol.
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2014, 05:36 AM)Poodle Wrote: Rofl

Tru dat! How long are you likely to have the car? If it's only a year or so it's probably not worth paying the premium for a post y-reg car.

hopefully around 2-3 years as i have to save up to move out and im only 20 so there arent many more cars that are so cheap on insurance for a grand.

(16-06-2014, 07:58 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Golfs are better, but not better enough for the price they still hold....and one around a grand will be shit lol. But the parts are worth more if it went tits up and you had to break....injectors and 6sp gearbox fetch £400 between them easy! HDi injectors and gearbox more like £50 lol.

whatever i buy im hoping to last at least 2 years but your right a £1k golf will be crap high miles and at the end of its life. Although the 306's are getting on a £1k 306 hdi should be in a better shape than a golf for the same price also cheaper to fix and mod.
Thanks given by:
Just on a quick browse round ebay i can see the >y-reg cars are going for about a grand whereas you can get a pre-Y for about £500 in similar condition, had no idea the premium was still that high! Confused That said, i guess it'll still be a similar story come time to sell in 2-3 years, as long as nobody can tell you've modified it before lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: