carbon fibre?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
carbon fibre?
Hey all, been on the forum now for around 3 weeks as i have bought a hdi. i am a composite laminator by trade and i am just getting set up at my new house to start laminating car parts in carbon fibre. Made lots of motorcycle parts in the last couple of years. would like to make some moulds for the 306. Had a look on ebay and there isnt much about so it could be a good market. Would anybody be interested in any carbon bits and what would u like to see? will start to make some moulds in the next few weeks if i get much interest? thanks
Sean
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2014, 09:14 PM)wacker315 Wrote: Hey all, been on the forum now for around 3 weeks as i have bought a hdi. i am a composite laminator by trade and i am just getting set up at my new house to start laminating car parts in carbon fibre. Made lots of motorcycle parts in the last couple of years. would like to make some moulds for the 306. Had a look on ebay and there isnt much about so it could be a good market. Would anybody be interested in any carbon bits and what would u like to see? will start to make some moulds in the next few weeks if i get much interest? thanks
Sean

Hi mate and welcome Smile,

I would be interested in a bonnet if that's possible (don't know what your scale of things are Angel)
Thanks given by:
Get this guy a bonnet that doesnt flap all over the place!!!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Can defo do a bonnet mate but would need to sort myself out a bench first and a big resin pot to infuse from. Don't do a lot of infusing so would be quite good to do a bonnet. Dry carbon is about 35quid psqm. There will be about 4 layers of cloth so won't be cheap but will look into it and see what I can do
Thanks given by:
Interested in bonnet aswell

And also mirror caps spoiler and fuel caps.

Can provide them all if you would rather carbon skim them?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
I know I neeeeeeeeeeeeed a bonnet lmao fiberglass is shite....

Thanks mate looking forward to seeing what you can do Smile there will defo be plenty of business for it
Thanks given by:
I don't know much about making carbon fiber bit's but is the process anything like this http://m.instructables.com/id/Resin-Infu...Fiber-Car/
Thanks given by:
I sure if you could do wings, bonnet, boot, door skins, then the hard core track guys would be interested.

Get onto GTi6owner too....they have more money to burn on track cars than us generally.

But if you do nothing else...get Lwilliams a freaking bonnet that does look like a flapping flag!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Do the mirror covers just pop off and are they on clips? Was thinking about making the mirror covers in carbon and replace the original covers! Just bond on the carbon ones. £80 on ebay, could make them cheaper than that! Spoiler is a good shout. If my oven us wide enough spoiler would defo be a good option. Probs just as well to skin the petrol cap. Would look good.

Yeh mate because the bonnet has a big surface area the beat option is to infuse dry carbon as you will gain a better finish throughout and u won't get any resin rich or dry spots. Cheers all
Thanks given by:
The mirror caps do just pop off. Nice easy job.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
id be intrested in boot, bonnet and wings if the price was right and the quality was good.
Thanks given by:
I'd be up for fuel caps and wing mirror caps too money waiting when your ready mate Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  carbon pillers krisjones91 3 1,200 16-06-2013, 11:52 PM
Last Post: 4WayDiablo
  Carbon wrap ben87 3 1,077 13-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Grant