FCS 2015 - How to be the best club!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FCS 2015 - How to be the best club!
I know the club didn't win any awards at FCS this year unlike 2013 and I heard alot of people discussing how we could be the best club at FCS for 2015 so I thought while people remember what e think we could do better we might as well have a discussion about it and share some ideas.

It has to be said that I'm not having a go at the staff team here, I'm one of the few non staff that know how hard it is to get anything done in the staff section and not just cos of the blah of work/personal circumstances but because threads in the staff section can run through pages of discussion and wrangling and voting and still not reaching any actionable conclusion because alot of the staff feel strongly about this club but not all the same.

There are some of us here who aren't staff who are happy to help with stuff and organising stuff to get things done and there is a big group of us that would love to be number 1 club (well probably number 2 behind the DS3UK guys but their stand is a hard act to follow) and show up these spotty 106 wankers and people who don't know shit about cars (ooh RSTuning remap fap fap fap).

Anyway, I ramble too much.

Firstly and this is club stand 101 but remember the f*cking banner! I'm sure I didn't see it all weekend and I'm not blaming the person who forgot it cos I have a stack of OC flyers here that would of been great but haven't been out of my house in over a year because I forget them. I think some sort of reminder system the day before would be good. Maybe post a thread with all the big stuff that needs remembering and everyone who is mates with say the person bring them with the banner text them the day before.

Stand positioning. We have had that crappy little stand years in a row and its not big enough to get a decent layout and space between the cars. In talking to Suzanne from FCS/PFC she said if we want a bigger stand we need to show we have enough cars and then you can pick where you want to go as long as it hasn't been claimed by one of the other clubs so we could maybe either get ourselves in the main showground or get the area opposite/next to our usual stand.

The above would help with a better layout and more cars on the front row. Layout is vital as the DS3UK uys and one or 2 others prove. I think every car on the stand needs placed and it needs to have a bit of a selection to it, no parking all the rallyes next to each other of having 2 SC6s side by side, it looks good when every area has a really good selection of every facet. It also helps with parking and organising.

The stand map from last year with numbered spaces was great especially when it was marked on the ground before hand. On the subject of beforehand can we get one of the locals to go down the week before and look at the stand cos IMO even that muddy puddle let us down and if we'd known/thought a big bag of compost and a roll of turf costs bugger all.

And now for the more wild stuff:

How about a club/stand theme, one or 2 of the other clubs were starting to go that way and I really think with our enthusiasm we could rock that.
French theme. well throw up a few flags and all get stripey jumpers and strings of onions, leave a few empty wine bottles and some baguettes about to complete the look.
Beach theme. Some sand, a few deck chairs and some buckets and spades and we can all wear hawian shirts
Crime scene. I can pinch some police tape and stuff, paint a few body outlines on the floor a little bit of fake blood a few white suits you get the idea

And to a lesser theme, club clothing to have us looking all the same as it looks really good when you see it on other clubs.
Thanks given by:
Love your enthusiasm Chris! Hold onto it for a few months though while we get over pugfest and everyone calms down lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Great read Chris but what about strippers and free beer and a massive bbq. Free food for all 306 owners.
and maybe a little gurj just to mellow people out lol.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I would be really interested in helping ,especially being local do t mind doing a creative thing and getting involved.should get a littte "project group" for meets to sort the fluffy stuff out Smile

We know the admin do t have time to do this and as dum said...other members are willing to help out
[Image: untitled_zps1adc0365.png]
138 BHP XSI
(21:20:51) Just_Sean: i had a pokey bum wank in the bath once and i shit you not, i burped a bubble
Thanks given by:
I'd be more than happy to help.. sounds good Dum
Thanks given by:
For French theme we could have the different shades of red, blue and white 306s lined in for a flag :-)
I think last year when jt was organised and everyone knew where they was before we even got there was great!
Also a bit more thought into the rest of the stand and not just chucked anywhere makes it a bit more interesting.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Some good suggestions there Chris! Smile I must admit, i did think about club clothing...something to make it clear we're all from the same club. I did see one of the other clubs had a beach theme on the go, with a bag of sand emptied on to a tarp with sandcastles and deckchairs. Also, did i read that right? Our resident officer of the law suggested stealing from the met to benefit a car club?! lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2014, 08:17 PM)Niall Wrote: Love your enthusiasm Chris! Hold onto it for a few months though while we get over pugfest and everyone calms down lol
Nah, by the time Pugfest is over people will of forgotten their FCS ideas, if they are written down herethen it can be refered back to at a later date or bought back up.

(13-06-2014, 08:24 PM)kingy Wrote: Great read Chris but what about strippers and free beer and a massive bbq. Free food for all 306 owners.
The DS3UK guys were giving out free muffins and bucksfizz to anyone who went over for a look at the stand. I suppose there is a good cost to that but its gotta be possible to do something (cup o tea and a biscuit?)

(13-06-2014, 09:20 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: For French theme we could have the different shades of red, blue and white 306s lined in for a flag :-)
I thought that too. French flag layout. If we got 2 opposite sides of the road we could do french flag one side and others opposite

(13-06-2014, 09:34 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Also, did i read that right? Our resident officer of the law suggested stealing from the met to benefit a car club?! lol
Nooo, more recycle some ready used stuff Smile
Thanks given by:
Happy to try and sort OC a good position next year if required....
JP
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2014, 09:38 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(13-06-2014, 08:24 PM)kingy Wrote: Great read Chris but what about strippers and free beer and a massive bbq. Free food for all 306 owners.
The DS3UK guys were giving out free muffins and bucksfizz to anyone who went over for a look at the stand. I suppose there is a good cost to that but its gotta be possible to do something (cup o tea and a biscuit?)

Free reach arounds and spooning in a tent :-)

(13-06-2014, 09:20 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: For French theme we could have the different shades of red, blue and white 306s lined in for a flag :-)
I thought that too. French flag layout. If we got 2 opposite sides of the road we could do french flag one side and others opposite

Yeah I think a flag out of the cars would look great! Something eye catching as well. :-)
A small idea no so much to do with stands but could help.
A bigger 306oc sticker to go down the side of windscreen, but extra advertising.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2014, 10:08 PM)jammapic Wrote: Happy to try and sort OC a good position next year if required....

Yes this would be good away from the annoying c2 people
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
All agreed

Plus 306oc muffins or cookies or gingerbread men to give out!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
How about a multi-themed stand - different "camps" where all the cars, outfits and behaviour of members match a certain aspect of the club. Was thinking stance crew, derv mafia, track day warriors, budget builders, etc. Go for the stereotypes, maybe even broadcast propaganda at each other. Noise attracts attention and people remember something that makes them laugh, do both and we should be most of the way there.

Did think of a few random ideas for it: Static displays in the centre of each camp with a few bits of random keepsakes for each member/car and photos. Eg I have the numberplates for most of the cars i've scrapped, I imagine most of the derv mafia have chunks of block, bent rods or melted precups hanging about, and i'd be surprised if we can't find/make a chronically over-worked tyre. Could do live displays - tuning a mech pump, fitting coilovers, or possibly a headgasket for the derv mafia. Wink Get the stance crew on camping chairs with cut down legs and extra-wide arms stapled on; track day warriors wearing helmets, flocked everything lol; derv mafia covered in soot, rags and bits of pump hanging out of pockets; stance crew looking ridiculously "scene", bright colours, stupid sunglasses etc.

Edit: My missus seconds the cookies with 306oc on them.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Need a smoke display...

IE couple times during day, on signs at front, where people can come see coaling!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Why dont we build a 306 at the front of the stand? Would be hassle getting a shell there, but it would be cool I think if we started with a shell and ended up with a car by the end of it
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cut a 306 perfectly down the middle from front to back.. be abit different? even the engine lol
Thanks given by:
That muddy puddle and a rusty old bin right next to mine and Toms ZX proper made it like grotty!!

And behind us, just looked like a car park.

I like the French theme...after all it is FCS. Picnic blanket with a couple of wicker picner blankets and wine n cheese.

Maybe a cheese board with cheese tasters on sticks?? cheep and simple.

I think us ALL having 306oc Spec sheets would be good too....and some little stands to hold the ones for the front row.

Maybe too an old record player with some old french music?? - someone much have one...or their gran!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
The rear of the stand was like a car park because there was no organisation for it. Without blowing my own trumpet, I was left literally last minute to deal with the stand on my own with no agreed layout what so ever so I think considering the ridiculous lack of organisation, it didn't go too bad but next year will be different!

I really like Alex's idea. Bit of fun and something to draw the crowds in.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
^^^^cant believe that.

After getting shot down about parking layout questions a number of times, thats it was all 'in hand' and organised...
And Niall had to sort it on site?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2014, 06:29 AM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: Cut a 306 perfectly down the middle from front to back.. be abit different? even the engine lol

Now that would be cool! Unfortunately it wouldn't work as the remaining half of engine would be too heavy for one mount lol.

Across the whole engine and 'box widthways would be good aswell...I bet most people have never seen inside either of them. Not really specific to 306s though.

There are some good ideas in here tbh....Poodles would definitely draw attention!
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2014, 08:08 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(14-06-2014, 06:29 AM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: Cut a 306 perfectly down the middle from front to back.. be abit different? even the engine lol

Now that would be cool! Unfortunately it wouldn't work as the remaining half of engine would be too heavy for one mount lol.

Across the whole engine and 'box widthways would be good aswell...I bet most people have never seen inside either of them. Not really specific to 306s though.

There are some good ideas in here tbh....Poodles would definitely draw attention!

Yeah you just use abit of box section lol
Thanks given by:
I've gotta say I did like the diagonal layout. Would be cool to do a herringbone pattern with the cars
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2014, 08:07 AM)Piggy Wrote: ^^^^cant believe that.

After getting shot down about parking layout questions a number of times, thats it was all 'in hand' and organised...
And Niall had to sort it on site?!

There's no point in making a drama about it now. It's done and dusted and was fairly successful anyway but next year won't be like that.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Just feel a bit annoyed how I was made out to be a child about being concerned about layout, and it was the presentation of the club more than where my own car would be...then to find out actually it wasnt in hand at all!!!

I also feel a bit sorry for you Niall.

Regarding themes:

I do LOVE the idea of the french flag in cars idea, maybe some french flags etc....but it was done this year by a couple other stands, as was the sand/beach thing.

To WIN, and I dont see why we cant, stuff the chequebook car DS3 lot, we need something original.

A theme that hasnt been done. Something new.

I like the idea of the cutting in half.

But can see some issues with that.

What about a 306, stripped to its shell at the show? So a shell surrounded by all the parts that make up the 306?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Got to get the shell and all the parts there and back though lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Hmmm, see if it was a cheap cheap 306, someone local could find one and tow it there, or if it had like a couple weeks MOT/TAX left.

Then chuck all the bits back in the car, enough to get it rolling again, tow it to a scrappy. Done. Get Ruan to tow it in his Ovlov!!

A 1.4 would be easy too, loads of room to work and I rekon we could lift the engine and box out with a bar a chain and a few lads toegther. 1.4 be cheap too

I rekon if a few of us all chucked in £5 we could buy one easy enough. And get money back on the weigh in.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-Peugeot-3...2c84744e78
£195.

Rob the bits we all want off it, then weigh it in?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-ME...418228f148
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2014, 02:29 PM)Piggy Wrote: I do LOVE the idea of the french flag in cars idea, maybe some french flags etc....but it was done this year by a couple other stands, as was the sand/beach thing.

To WIN ... we need something original.

A theme that hasnt been done. Something new.

Exactly that, the french theme might work better for non-french shows where someone else is less likely to do exactly the same thing.

Like the half-shell and build a car ideas, but as Niall says, my concern there would be the logistics of it. Sure it's technically possible, but it relies on people putting themselves out in a big way, would only take one person to forget or not be able to deliver and the whole thing would be scrap. Confused

My missus just made a good sugestions - little scenes or themes inside each car. All looks fairly normal from a distance, but then when you get up close there's 100 lego men having a battle on the dash, or the car is completely filled with balloons, or the classic vicar and a tart (blow-up dolls), or maybe titanic-esque steamed up (snow spray..?) windows with the trailing hand print. I guess that'd be the way to go if people didn't want to all do the same theme.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
That could be really cool poodle with individual themes for each car. Would love to see one filled with balloons (although I couldn't show off my seats then)

I don't think planning anything too big is bright seeing as this year we couldn't even manage to have a stand layout sorted before the show.

I suppose it would be tool to have a few cars actually on a stand (maybe get some of the nicer ones sitting at the back on 4 wheel ramps or something to draw people in)?
Thanks given by:
I like the idea of the themed bits like the derv mafia and coal o clock, super 6's etc...
Thanks given by:
Much as i hate to say it, anything too big will fall on it's face as if it puts people out too much it simply won't happen. KISS. Wink

The theory behind the ideas i've put up is that everyone gets to do more-or-less what they want, very little time, money or effort has to go in, yet the end result is still a cohesive theme. Particularly with the camps idea, because if a few people/cars forget or have circumstances that mean they can't contribute it'll be mostly concealed by the bigger picture.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: