Mbc woes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mbc woes
Spent best part of half a day fecking around fitting an mbc on a k14 once I'd gotten 2 seperate lines to connect to after help from Danny! I then discovered that the hoses that came with a slightly to big for the lines on the kheyday they appear to be slightly smaller than brake lines for exampl. They nip on but with a good tug they slide straight off! And I'm concerned that they may pop off on boost. So what worst that could happen? I presume il just have uncontrolled boost? As I took it for a quick run and at the moment it's boosting to about 25psi ATM but worried it may go higher if they pop off?
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
no mate, you'll just have a big ass boost leak.....lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
As above...you'll just get a big boost leak..but have you put jubilee clips on them or just slid the pipes on?
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
I had similar issues. Get some hose clips on and they should be fine.
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
I have got hose clips from the turbo out let me and Danny managed to remove it and widen the pipe slightly. It's the other end I'm concearned about couldn't get it off nor get tape on managed to punch the clamp iPad much as possible given the tight space.

But seems to be holding well now and hasn't piped of and I'm now on a steady 25psi
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Just keep an eye on it, if it comes loose you will find the turbo starts boosting too high.

If this happens just drive carefully until you have some time to re-do all the connections Smile
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Toby Wrote:Just keep an eye on it, if it comes loose you will find the turbo starts boosting too high.

If this happens just drive carefully until you have some time to re-do all the connections Smile
how so?........either i'm confused or you are Wink
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Mattcheese31 Wrote:
Toby Wrote:Just keep an eye on it, if it comes loose you will find the turbo starts boosting too high.

That's what happened with my T2 when I had a loose MBC connection 8-)

Then again, I get confused a lot ninja
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Mattcheese31 Wrote:

because the MBC goes in line in the boost feed to the actuator for the wastegate Matt, if it pops off then there is no boost getting to the actuator telling telling it to open the wastegate bypass the turbo when it gets to a set boost level, yes there will be a boost leak but the tiny amount that gets out of that hole will be more than compensated for lol

It won't do any harm, my TD04 wastegate is welded shut and I don't have an actuator, my right foot controls boost lmao
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  alternator woes af1 1 946 29-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  Gearbox woes bashbarnard 6 1,450 17-10-2014, 07:42 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard