New Exhaust

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Exhaust
Thinking of buying a new exhaust for the car, thinking Sportex Race Tube and back box!

http://www.sportex-exhausts.com/Performa...roduct/319

That's what I was thinking for the car.

Also where can I get a 4-2-1 Manifold from?
Thanks given by:
that's exactly what i have at the moment, and i think it sounds great, i'm sure some disagree..

theres not currently a 4-2-1 manifold that's made for the 306, i was gonna make one up that sleeves in with the standard back half but then i changed my mind, any 8v one will do if you don't mind some grinding and welding Tongue
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
Make one for me and I'll more than happy pay you for it Smile
Thanks given by:
hmmmmm ninja
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2014, 08:30 PM)John1.4 Wrote: hmmmmm ninja

I can't weld or grind, knowing me I'll weld me knob to the grinding wheel or some shit like that!
Thanks given by:
Doesnt one fit from a vtr? Sane engine just about?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2014, 09:22 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Doesnt one fit from a vtr? Sane engine just about?

Dunno, wanna invest in one for me to try it? 8o

Stupid question, if it fits a 106 1.4 8V would it fit a 306 1.4 8V?
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2014, 09:23 PM)JethroJay Wrote:
(13-06-2014, 09:22 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Doesnt one fit from a vtr? Sane engine just about?

I don't know, but I can't imagine then being much difference.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2014, 10:16 PM)kentiiboii Wrote:
(13-06-2014, 09:23 PM)JethroJay Wrote:

I don't know, but I can't imagine then being much difference.

Okay mate, I'll see if I can get one and see if it fits, if not I'll get my mate to tig weld it!
Thanks given by:
You need to cut and alter the Saxo/106 manifolds to fit, because they don't have a subframe, so you need to chop it off and add a couple of bends to clear.

I've an exhaust system (inc. cat) off mine for sale if you're wanting something a bit more free flowing. I'll stick a pic up tommorow.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2014, 11:49 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: You need to cut and alter the Saxo/106 manifolds to fit, because they don't have a subframe, so you need to chop it off and add a couple of bends to clear.

I've an exhaust system (inc. cat) off mine for sale if you're wanting something a bit more free flowing. I'll stick a pic up tommorow.

Just a complete straight through pipe to a sportex back box, no cat and a 4-2-1 manifold
Thanks given by:
dont forget youll still need a cat fitted for MOT
Thanks given by:
JethroJay, this is the exhaust he was talking about by the way in case it helps:

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-24628.html
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2014, 12:46 PM)RetroPug Wrote: JethroJay, this is the exhaust he was talking about by the way in case it helps:

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-24628.html

Yeah I think I'm gonna buy a brand new one and grind and weld it

Or get someone to do it for me in return for a few pints Smile
Thanks given by:
You can actually buy mandrel-bent exhaust piping, straight sections and hangars etc. You can also get universal backboxes.

You could use all that to weld together your own or like you said get someone else to. Would be stainless and pretty cool to have a fabricated one!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
The other option if you're not too fussed about it all being stainless is to cut the bent section off your old downpipe, cut the 4-2-1 manifold where it should go over the subframe, and weld the old to the new.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(18-06-2014, 02:46 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: The other option if you're not too fussed about it all being stainless is to cut the bent section off your old downpipe, cut the 4-2-1 manifold where it should go over the subframe, and weld the old to the new.

From the Cat back the exhaust is brand new on this as it was replaced not so long back, that's why I want a stainless one, to replace this so IF she ever sells the car that can go back on it.
Thanks given by:
You tried looking at exhaust places around by us? You tried John Ashley over in walsall?
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2014, 11:01 PM)DazzaHDI Wrote: You tried looking at exhaust places around by us? You tried John Ashley over in walsall?

Would help if I was still there mate, I was there yesterday for all of 2 hours and then left, I'm in Shef at the minute so..... might give John Ashley a call to see what they can f*ck up for me, I mean cook up for me and take it from there!
Thanks given by:
wheel or some shit like that! Fifa 15 Coins
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2014, 01:30 PM)missicbc Wrote: wheel or some shit like that! Fifa 15 Coins
Spam spam spam
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Just me that got excited thinking Jethrojay was back?
Thanks given by:
i did too...

i was expecting him at FCS expo too.. that never materialised..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by: