t2 turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
t2 turbo
Ruan Wrote:just make them pass as much air as physically possible.
i do this a lot Big Grin
oh riiight turbos...
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:These engines will produce good torque, not quite like a DI, but they will produce more than enough for our needs, the key with these engines is getting the fuel in past 4000rpm... You can strap on big blowers, but when they only start coming on strong past 3000rpm, you've got 1000rpm to play with...

The ENGINE will rev happily, but getting the fuel pump to play ball is the fun part!

Also, out of interest, where did you get the 78%VE figure from, Jarrus, I'd always seen much higher figures quoted for these engines - the 8v head as stock flows very well - and being an IDI, you're not worried about swirling, so you've not got to worry about the valves doing the swirling for you - just make them pass as much air as physically possible.

Bosch M pump it is... or advance piston mods for those brave enough...

I got the VE figure from using a completely standard XUD9TE thats producing 90 hp and 145 lbft with 14 psi of boost the usual figures....
Thanks given by:
Also the higher quoted figures, where am I able to get those from? So I can compare the results of my finding to those..... I've always worked from my results to come to my own conclusions but any other data would be good to look at also.
Thanks given by:
Advance really isn't the problem, no need to play with it, especially on a 9mm, but on an 11mm, it's so to cock it needs playing with...

I've seen figures of 85-87% for ALH TDis (8v VP pumped early TDis) - I know for a fact that our XUD heads flow as well or better than the TDis, they're IDI, you need no swirling - that's why you have PCCs, the valves and ports in the XUDs are massive in comparison...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
And the fact the cylinder bores are about 4 mm bigger would also dictate that also.
Thanks given by:
Jarrus Wrote:Pretty much sums it up, also those flow rating are according to the manufacture, you can make more or less on that but that's kind of a kind line figure,

A wastegated GT2056 should spool more quickly than a TD04 or a T25 but maybe not as quick as any of the OEM fit XUD turbos.

What you have to remember is that power is a product of torque and revs, to make 200 hp at 4000 rpms you need more torque than and engine making 200hp at 6000 rpms, be it diesel or petrol at there respective peak power.

To understand what I've said here is the formula....

power= torque*rpms/5252

Why 5252? well if you look on any power graphs thats the point where the 2 lines meet, on any graph...
so lets say, you want 200 hp at 4000 rpms, so we can use another of those formulas to find out how much torque you would need to make 200 hp at 4000 rpms as follows...

torque= power*5252/RPMS so....

200*5252/4000 = 262.6 lbft....

what if we want more revs like I said before.... 6000 rpms

200*5252/6000 = 175.1~ lbft...

make sence? because you are reving the engine higher you need less torque..... just take a look at the honda vtec engines, they produce lots of power for there size but not a lot of torque because they make there power through revs, we need torque to make the power we want.

hope this explains, and my apollogises in advance if I at all seemed patronising.

Nah it's kl, don't take it as being patronising, i understand that and it's good to have it all layed out even if it's the quite basic fundamentals. Most of my time is spent this semester delving into neuroscience shizzle so i have bugger all time to spend on cars which is shit and i loose track of the things i've picked up. They're the only thing that keep me sane! Haha

This is good stuff! Big Grin
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:These engines will produce good torque, not quite like a DI, but they will produce more than enough for our needs, the key with these engines is getting the fuel in past 4000rpm... You can strap on big blowers, but when they only start coming on strong past 3000rpm, you've got 1000rpm to play with...

The ENGINE will rev happily, but getting the fuel pump to play ball is the fun part!

Also, out of interest, where did you get the 78%VE figure from, Jarrus, I'd always seen much higher figures quoted for these engines - the 8v head as stock flows very well - and being an IDI, you're not worried about swirling, so you've not got to worry about the valves doing the swirling for you - just make them pass as much air as physically possible.

Mmmh, well my veg oil ethos is going to help matters for me Sad
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by: