Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Xsara vts general question
#1
I have just picked my self up a 2001 xsara vts phase 2 for 300 quid and as the 306 is a similar car but alot more common I was wondering what parts are interchangeable from a 306 gti6 to the xsara vts?
#2
Pretty much everthing mechanical
Wishes for more power...
#3
That will be handy then this.forum has so much more forsale things than the xsara one
#4
Essentially a gti6 in a different outfit with a few minor differences like the rear beam (thicker torsion bars, a bit more negative camber and how iirc)

5 speed, odd driving position, ugly dash


It's like 106 vs saxo really, essentially the same car but ones a fraction of the price
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
#5
The suspension and mist jets are better, the interior is awful though lol.
#6
far superior ecu in the phase 2, better mpg, bigger boot
#7
Drives nicer than a GTi6 in my experience also. Gear ratios feel good and the turn in is superb.

What parts are you after for it? I broke one back along, although I didn't bother keeping a great deal of it.
Bianca Rallye
1989 205 GTi6 on ITBs
BMW Z4 3.0

Thousands of GTi6 parts availabile.
#8
(12-06-2014, 12:38 PM)welshpug Wrote: far superior ecu in the phase 2, better mpg, bigger boot

I didn't know this bit, is it vastly different from the Magnetti unit in a GTi6?

Would love a Xsara VTS mk1, I think the MK2 is pretty ugly personally...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
#9
Beams do pretty good money or put it on yours

Standard front suspention will lower your 306 around 20mm an handle better too
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
#10
Yeah the ph1 is nicer but this popped local last night for 300 quid so thought why not haha it seems nice at the mo and I want exhaust items possibly cams and other intake mods
#11
(12-06-2014, 01:02 PM)C.A.R. Wrote:
(12-06-2014, 12:38 PM)welshpug Wrote: far superior ecu in the phase 2, better mpg, bigger boot

I didn't know this bit, is it vastly different from the Magnetti unit in a GTi6?

Would love a Xsara VTS mk1, I think the MK2 is pretty ugly personally...

Is multi plex with a 3 plug ecu.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
#12
in my experience the beams are in worse condition on the later ones than early 306's.
#13
Yeah my beam is low on the back but the front is standard hight so makes me think it's probably not lowered on the back just nakered haha


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The General Lee 406 (pics) Doseph 11 8,215 13-09-2017, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  General d turbo questions Jukie88 4 2,805 11-05-2015, 08:18 PM
Last Post: Jukie88
  general question thebluepearl 40 19,904 17-12-2014, 10:47 PM
Last Post: RetroPug

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)