ABS light always on

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ABS light always on
As title states really, noticed a couple of things that could possibly relate to it. Firstly, the nsf tyre squeals a bit when turning tight corners. Also when i jacked it up and set the engine is running in neutral the nearside wheel will turn, maybe a diff/clutch release problem..?

Secondly, is this:

[Image: DSC_0028.jpg]

I'm guessing that wire's meant to be attached lol, it's the same on both sides. Anyone got a spare pair hanging around..? Confusedhifty:

Opinions welcome.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
That wire is the low pad warning light, they're all like that, don't worry lol and that's just the drag through the shafts, its fine, most cars wheels will spin when engine is running and off the floor
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Got a multimeter? If so, I did a guide on how to test abs sensors.

Hold up, you have put planet don't you? Iirc you can get live data from them. Get someone to drive the car up the road whist you check the readings. In a straight line, they should all be almost the same.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Ok cheers Connor, that's reassuring. Doesn't explain why the abs is always on lol.

Didn't realise the pp2000 would even connect to something this old. lol Will try that when i've got an xp laptop.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Poodle Wrote:Ok cheers Connor, that's reassuring. Doesn't explain why the abs is always on lol.

Didn't realise the pp2000 would even connect to something this old. lol Will try that when i've got an xp laptop.

If this is on the ZX then it probably won't connect as there won't be anywhere to connect it.............

Also, where does that broken wire go to? because it looks like the ABS sensor to me..........
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Mark it's def the pad wear sensor!

ABS light will be on if either a sensor is disconnected or the car thinks one wheel is spinning at a different speed to the others. Check all the fuses and check all the sensors, they should be hidden on the front hubs under a plastic cover with a 10mm nut holding the cover on, on the arm that leads to the track rod end. Covers might have been smashed up though, one of mine was non existant! On the rears they're tucked in behind the hub.

Basically the ABS light comes on either when the ABS is on, or there is a fault. Check the sensors are all connected first, then check fuses and wiring. It's disabled though when that light is on under normal driving.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:Mark it's def the pad wear sensor!

ABS light will be on if either a sensor is disconnected or the car thinks one wheel is spinning at a different speed to the others. Check all the fuses and check all the sensors, they should be hidden on the front hubs under a plastic cover with a 10mm nut holding the cover on, on the arm that leads to the track rod end. Covers might have been smashed up though, one of mine was non existant! On the rears they're tucked in behind the hub.

Basically the ABS light comes on either when the ABS is on, or there is a fault. Check the sensors are all connected first, then check fuses and wiring. It's disabled though when that light is on under normal driving.

No worries, I don't have fancy shit like ABS on mine lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
Poodle Wrote:Ok cheers Connor, that's reassuring. Doesn't explain why the abs is always on lol.

If this is on the ZX then it probably won't connect as there won't be anywhere to connect it.............

Also, where does that broken wire go to? because it looks like the ABS sensor to me..........

I was right :dance:
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
anyone want to check my abs sensor for me? my light too is always on.
Thanks given by:
Get a multimeter set onto Ohm's Ω, and test from the connect plug down to the sensor, You may find you don't have any resistance IIRC you should be looking for a reading of about 18Ω. I had to test this about a year ago Smile

If you don't get a readying it could mean that the copper has deteriorated and corroded within the cable as this was my fault. Best thing to do is test the cable and then check for any corrosion. If you get a sketchy reading give the cable a wiggle, If the reading fluctuates the cable may be damaged Smile

Hope this helps Smile
Thanks given by: