MPG Compitition

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MPG Compitition
Right i'm a massive nerd and built an Excel spread sheet that tracks mpg and fuel costs.

I have an app that records the data and then that data can be imported into excel.

The winner is the person with the highest average MPG

If you need any help with the spread sheet use this thread for help!

I'm attaching both an MPG calcualtor and a spread sheet that calculates how much you would save if you used veg oil

The yellow columns are where you need to add the data into.

Delete the data i have already put in as an example and add yours in.

the other columns all have formulas so if you want the spread sheet to work dont mess with them.

Also the charts will need updating when you add new data but thats just a case of adding a number to the series.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Fuel App.xlsx (Size: 56.41 KB / Downloads: 7)
.xlsm   MPG Calc.xlsm (Size: 47.65 KB / Downloads: 11)
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
f*ck MPG... all i know is I can drive "spiritedly" and not worry about crap mpg...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
were you deprived of colouring pens when you were smaller?
all i can see in them nerd charts are pritty rainbows
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:f*ck MPG... all i know is I can drive "spiritedly" and not worry about crap mpg...

I'm getting really worried because I'm having to agree more and more with this rapist.

End of the day, my car is expensive to run for a 1.8 but I enjoy driving it and it always puts a smile on my face.....until I see the oil coming out of the exhaust!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I've averaged 60mpg today....cruise control and remap ftmfw! That's only on cruise at 70 for half the time, also lots of town and quick drivibt/overtakes. The standard factory map seems crap now lol. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:I've averaged 60mpg today....cruise control and remap ftmfw! That's only on cruise at 70 for half the time, also lots of town and quick drivibt/overtakes. The standard factory map seems crap now lol. Big Grin

Yu should not be allowed to enter the competition in your gay golf
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Smiles not miles per gallon for me thanks, and the veg is cheap enough for it not to hurt . . .good times . .. Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:I've averaged 60mpg today....cruise control and remap ftmfw! That's only on cruise at 70 for half the time, also lots of town and quick drivibt/overtakes. The standard factory map seems crap now lol. Big Grin

Yu should not be allowed to enter the competition in your gay golf

Don't worry I'm not, I can't be arsed with that spreadsheet lol, sorry Ben jay!
Thanks given by:
Also cruise control is unless for good mpg, but that's not an argument were going to have right now tom... or ever!
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Also cruise control is unless for good mpg, but that's not an argument were going to have right now tom... or ever!

It isn't. I also thought this before I used it....then found that its actually really good cos although it uses a bit more fuel uphill, it keeps to 70 instead of creeping to 85 like you or I might lol.
Thanks given by:
I dont creep to 85... I blast past it ninja ok tom /enddiscussion, weve derailed enough
Thanks given by:
I don't want to use this!!! Ignorance is bliss ha ha
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Agreed with the 'drive like a loon without emptying my tank in 50 miles like a petrol would' argument, but my personal best is 58.6MPG in my remapped HDi, which was 746 miles to a single tank.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
f*ck it I love bwwwwarrrrrpppp wouldn't give it up for anything
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:f*ck it I love bwwwwarrrrrpppp wouldn't give it up for anything

What if you were too poor to afford petrol though? :think:
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:
Jonny b Wrote:f*ck it I love bwwwwarrrrrpppp wouldn't give it up for anything

What if you were too poor to afford petrol though? :think:

I would never allow that to happen Tom me ol sausage!!
Thanks given by:
I can fill my HDi brim full and see about 450 to a tank, maybe 500 with some motorways included. Never any more than that though Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Meh, I've just picked up a ph. 1 DT sedan that'll be bosch'd and on veg soon, that'll be shared with my mum and brother as a daily/long journey runabout. That means that ragging the HDi around at 40MPG will seem even cheaper!

Might even consider a '6 engine for the estate.. but probs just go stage 3. 200BHP is quick enough for anyone, right?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
You guys are just jealous of my mad excel skillzz
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
ben you have faaaaaaar too much time on your hands! and since im an excel n00b, took me a while to half figure it out lol
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Hahha backwards compatibility fail! Tongue

Best with the HDi before it stopped working was well into the 60's, can't remember the exact figure now.

Best with the dt so far was 50.8 (only had the one tank-full since i fixed the beam, instant 10mpg gain! O_o ).
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I'd win for the lowest Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Put £70 in the Focarse this morning and don't want to see the lovely lady at the filling station for a couple of weeks! Grown to know her a bit after owning the Celica lol
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
As said before, drove to Sheffield, 3 up, hot day, mega traffic jam on the M1 for 2 hours... Used £47 of fuel at 1.47/l over 365 miles - that's 51.8mpg...

And I've got more horsies at the wheels than a GTi6.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Excel is great n everything, but I've been using this app on my phone for about a year now, and its free >

http://itunes.apple.com/app/fuel-log/id ... o%3D6&mt=8

Getting about 45mpg on average on bio. No difference in mpg with dino. Mostly spirited driving, split between motorway and going to town n that.
Thanks given by:
I will win this without even filling it in lol
[Image: 43f2473c.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Craig-o Wrote:I will win this without even filling it in lol

What kinda average do you get then?
Thanks given by:
Averaging 71mpg just going to work and back lol Wink
Thanks given by:
Craig-o Wrote:Averaging 71mpg just going to work and back lol Wink

Woah, That is good lol! :o Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I do have a bit of a trek to work in fairness and I do drive like a pensioner which helps too
Thanks given by: