Peugeot 306 hdi 90 2001 model

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot 306 hdi 90 2001 model
hi all
my peugeot as above lost power today on a few occasions and then the power came back
the revs also decided to hang around at 1200rpm on a few occasions
engine management light has been on for a few weeks
are there any step by step guides please to clean the egr or tps even checking the maf?
thank you
Thanks given by:
Get it on diagnostics and give us a clue lol. Have a look in the guide section for the tps cleaning guide. You can't check the maf without diagnostics. The EGR isn't worth cleaning, better off just blanking it off. You can get blanking kits on ebay and they take about ten minutes to fit if you're not completely clueless.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
That's a TPS problem, default value for idle speed is 1200 RPM when this is gone.

To clean the TPS, take out the security torx, wipe out all the grease, then replace with non metallic grease, any thing will work, obviously not copper slip. Usually this will do the trick for free.

Steve
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
can you please point me in the direction of the TPS
I have never touched this diesel mechanically buddy
also I thought the egr was a sod to get at not a 10 min job?
Thanks given by:
There is a guide on here on how to regrease the TPS, got pictures and everything.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
cool found the guide
finding the egr is something else lol
10 mins to blank that off with a eBay kit?
maybe 10 mins to blank the pipe off
I'll look for a guide on how to do that
car drives great today on a short trip
I'll get the snap on unit and see what faults it comes up with
I did have an air flow meter fault once cleared it and it never come back
I hear if I have problems I can disconnect that plug to see if there is any difference
is this ok to do
what are usual symptoms when this is unplugged
last of all before I break the connector is it just a pull off connector? or is there a clip as I just gave it a wiggle and don't wanna snap it off
thank you preps
Thanks given by:
For the EGR you just un plug the blue plug from the solenoid, it's usually the solenoid which goes wrong.

On a 306 the values when the air flow meter is faulty (or disconnected) are lower than what you need for full power, hence if you pull it out and it gets slower, it's working, if you pull it out and there's no difference it's probably broken and running off of default values.

Can you read air flow under full load using your snap on kit?
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
You only have to undo two allen bolts and loosen 2 13mm nuts, make a gap between the mating faces, slot in and line up the blank (worst bit lol) then do it all back up.

If you've not done much work on cars it'll probably be more like a couple of hours including cups of tea, but it's not a bad job. I'd recommend sticking one end of the blank into the bottom of the gap first and using one of the bolts to feel when it's lined up. When it slots in, wind the bolt in a couple of turns to keep it all together, then do the same with the top as you swivel the blanking plate up and in.

On the maf there's a clip underneath. Don't disconnect it with the ignition on, but otherwise it's fine. The oldest HDis immediately pop the eml when you disconnect the maf, but as soon as you plug it back in and clear the code they're right as rain.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
many thanks for all your help very much appreciated
I have blanked off the egr and removed it from my Mitsi evo but with this diesel I have no idea at all lol
I think I need some definitive pictures
can I not blank the egr tube off like i have read up on or is that a bit of a bodge

first of all I need these codes read and I'll get back with the
faults and go from there

top blokes though you have all been a great help its only my confidence
letting me down as I have not worked in this car or even a diesel before
Thanks given by:
By egr tube you mean the metal pipe running between exhaust mani and inlet elbow, yeah? If so, yes, that's what i posted instructions on up there. ^^^

I thought you found the guide for the egr removal/blanking, how much more definitive do the pics need to get?

Diesels are no different apart from the fuel system and lack of throttle body really, it's all the same spanners. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: