slightly off topic..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
slightly off topic..
Hi all ,

returned to the peugeot scene as i couldnt hack having a 70hp corsa c yukkkk...

So , I have bought Danny2009's , 309 GRDT 1.8.

was just wondering really how much boost i would be able to run on this engine with it having no cooler. I have had bad experiences in the past with turned up diesels that aren't 'cooled so just want to be careful.

Thanks in advance..

Lewis
Thanks given by:
About 18 psi. My 205 has no cooler yet. Soon t have one
Thanks given by:
and what does yours run like , it smoke quite a lot still and does coolant temp build up quickly?
Thanks given by:
i'd just get an intercooler on it soon as poss mate, what happened to the 106 i saw you in at Danny's the other day? Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
hmm yeah , looks like i better get saving then Sad and sold it on mate.. it was too much of a mess and not having legit insurance etc , its all a bit risky. I sold it to my cousin and the gearbox went on it yesterday so now its either being broke or scrapped Sad
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2014, 12:28 PM)LewisG306 Wrote: hmm yeah , looks like i better get saving then Sad and sold it on mate.. it was too much of a mess and not having legit insurance etc , its all a bit risky. I sold it to my cousin and the gearbox went on it yesterday so now its either being broke or scrapped Sad

yeah i understand, went quite well though didn't it? Lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
aye it went pretty well.. could tell when the turbo was running out of steam at the top end though Sad was definitely asking for a td04 or maybe a vnt.. Wink
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2014, 12:06 PM)LewisG306 Wrote: returned to the peugeot scene as i couldnt hack having a 70hp corsa c yukkkk...

I hear what you're saying. Had a P reg 306 xtdt for a while which had only done 60,000 with the obligatory "one lady owner" (my mother-in-law) but got rid as it was a sunroof model and I couldn't get comfy being 6'4".

Had a Corsa CDTi which died a few months back so I'm back in a 306 again - wish I'd kept the last one and just out up with the cricked neck ! So much nicer to drive.
Thanks given by:
Yes get a cooler on. Its fine when you go for the first hard pull but it quickly gets heat soaked and hot air charge
Thanks given by:
(10-06-2014, 07:32 PM)pugmanxud Wrote: Yes get a cooler on. Its fine when you go for the first hard pull but it quickly gets heat soaked and hot air charge

They easy enough to intercool? not really had a look down the back but was kind of under the impression that the turbo was bolted pretty much onto the side of the inlet?
Thanks given by:
Nope. You need an xantia inlet manifold or mod one with the D seal type flange.
Thanks given by:
Ahh okay , does the xantia manifold go straight on? Or is there any mods that need to be done?
Thanks given by:
(11-06-2014, 10:34 PM)LewisG306 Wrote: Ahh okay , does the xantia manifold go straight on? Or is there any mods that need to be done?

i'm pretty sure it'll go straight on mate Smile
Thanks given by:
Yep straight on. You can mod your current one but it's ballache
Thanks given by:
There you go, I've got a decent cooler Wink
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Umm...slightly epic fail involving rag and inlet manifold... 306Puggy 3 1,484 27-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191